Special Needs

XP:Need to go milk free!!

LO has been having tummy troubles and is already on acid reducers. The trouble persisted so we were sent to a gastroenterologist. I thought lactose interance and milk protein allergy were the same thing. Today I learned differently. I orginally tried to just limit my dairy intake to very small amounts (like one slice of cheese a day) thinking that would help, but I didn't realize exactly how much stuff I eat contians milk protein, whey, etc..!!! So rather than going on formula, I'd like to try going milk free. BUT I NEED HELP!!! Tips, hints, recipes, websites, go to groceries that are milk protein free, anything will be greatly appreciated.

Re: XP:Need to go milk free!!

• We just did a wole30 which is completely dairy free too.  If you are going to go dairy free you may want to go soy free as well.
    To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • This is a great resource: https://www.mspimama.com/

And I agree with Toastie ... go ahead and cut soy now also.  The two frequently go hand in hand.  

My daughter is MSPI & ana to peaunuts.  The crockpot is my best friend .... We try to avoid processed or pre-packaged foods as much as possible.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Me: 28, DH: 33
    Conceived DD in <1yr w/o assistance
    TTC#2 since 11/2013
    DX: PCOS
    Benched pending conf of Rubella immunity
    Next Cycle: CLOMID round 1

• Loading the player...
  • My older two children are MSPI and we use rice milk and coconut milk.
    For butter, we use coconut spread.
    For cheese, we use RiceDream brand rice cheese.
    For yogurt, we use SoDelicious brand coconut milk yogurt.

ETA: DS3 is EBF and I am dairy free so he will not try Cow's milk until he weans.
  • The food allergy board on here is awesome.  I also have a blog in my siggy that I did when DS1 had major food allergies as an infant.  I haven't updated it because he's since grown out of the majority of them--but there are lots of food ideas and stuff like that for almost any food allergy (he seemed to have them all including dairy). 

GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"