October 2012 Moms
Options

Goats Milk

Did anyone else see the US Weekly article today with an interview with Kristen Cavillari? In it, she says she gave up breastfeeding at 5 months and started giving her son goats milk. On twitter, she went on to defend her decision saying she gives it in powder form and adds in other vitamins. She says they decided to go this route because she felt like a slave to the pump and formula had too many chemicals in it.

Thoughts??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Goats Milk

• Options
    imagedotmbc:
    So is goat's milk not considered dairy? I thought they couldn't handle lactose until they were about a year....

That's what I thought too!
  • Options
    My chiro had to supplement and chose to do so with homemade formula made from local goats milk. I dont know much about formula, but arent most of them cow milk based...as opposed to soy?

Im not defending this person, and in fact have no idea who she is, but she might not be too far off?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My H didnt do well with formula as a baby so he drank goats milk from 6 mo. to 2 years before my MIL was able to give him regular milk.
  • Options

imagedotmbc:
    So is goat's milk not considered dairy? I thought they couldn't handle lactose until they were about a year....

My SIL has a true dairy allergy (not just intolerance) but can drink goat's milk/eat goat cheese.  Not sure what the difference is. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This is actually not an uncommon practice.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options

**Lurking from S12**

I believe goat's milk is lactose-free and I also believe this is common for babies who have MSPI.

You can buy goat's milk at health food stores or you can get it at a local farm.  Which I wouldn't advise for feeding to an infant, since it is raw/unpasteurized.

It's also super expensive.  I paid $4 for a half gallon of GM from a farm a couple of years ago.  I'm sure the prices have gone up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"