August 2013 Moms

What's for lunch?

What have you ladies been doing to replace the almighty sandwich, a fixture in my usual lunchtime? 

I work 9-5 in an office, usually bring from home, though there is a cafeteria, and since getting pregnant, have little energy to prepare much at home for lunch. I've been relying on canned soup or frozen meals, neither of which satisfy my increased appetite. Suggestions? 

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What's for lunch?

• I had cereal and milk LOL! seems to be the only thing my stomach can tolerate the last few days.
    Joy

Proud mom to:

Cameron (Jan 11, 2000)
    Cassidy (May 5, 2005)
    Callen (August 23, 2013)

My heavenly angels
    ~Caleb~ Jan 21, 1999
    ~Carys~ April 29, 2011
  • Since I can't eat meat right now due to my strong aversion, I have been doing PB and J (or Almond Butter and J) sandwiches almost every day!! :) I'm kind of addicted to them now, so delicious!

I've also been throwing more soup in.. soups work great for the most part. I'd like to do salads, but lettuce has been very unappetizing to me, so I haven't done that. Good luck!! Oh, also, you can always do leftovers from dinner for lunch?? (Thats usually what my hubby brings to work.. I'm at home during lunch so I can make whatever).

• Loading the player...
  • DH and I have been cooking more dinners lately so we just make 4 servings for dinner and pack 2 of them for lunch the next day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I want nothing but salads right now, but I have to have catalina dressing or else the salad is not good!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Apples and cheese cubes, Greek yogurt, and Smucker's Uncrustables have been a lunch time fixture for me lately.
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • Today, I'm breaking the rules for a sandwich...  My favorite lunch so far was homemade taco salad. It was beyond yummy! I could eat that several days a week!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Same problem here, I just can't wake up early enough anymore to make myself a lunch and canned soup isn't cutting it.

I have been sitting here all morning thinking about Chinese food, and feeling very guilty about it. lol. I ate 3 hot dogs for dinner last night I think that is why I feel so guilty and want to get something healthy for lunch today. (the hot dogs were semi "healthy", no preservatives, all beef, all "natural") but still, I should have added a salad and maybe only had two. lol

But Ugh, I can't stop thinking about this little Chinese place that serves the BEST chow mien and Kung Pao chicken. mmm

• Wow, great ideas ladies. I laughed when my non-preggo friend suggested PB&J but maybe I should give it a shot. I bailed on my frozen meal today and went up to the caf for a grilled chicken sandwich, it was all I wanted! Thanks for giving me a little hope :)
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

• The tot and I are having leftover chicken made into chicken tacos. I've been craving Tex-Mex like mad lately, so anything with refried beans and cheese is golden to me!
    DD1 (b. 8/16/2010)
    DD2 (b. 9/04/2013)
    BFP 2/25/12, m/c @ 6w 3d || BFP 8/1/12, m.m/c @ 9w5d
  • my m/s has been pretty bad today and when that happens I have been treating it like a hangover...So I had two egg rolls and some bourbon chicken. 

I texted DH and said "would you judge me if I ate a whole box of egg rolls" he responded " I would judge you if you didnt, that sounds delicious" love that man.

• I had a turkey & cheese sandwich. OMG.
  • I too miss my afternoon sandwich, so I went on an online recipe search for one that was quick, lunchmeat free, and delicious!  So far this veggie sandwich from Martha Stewart is my favorite!  I've had it everyday this week!

https://www.marthastewart.com/326601/hummus-vegetable-sandwich

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've been relying on leftovers. I try to make soup once a week and I'll bring that. I've also done meatballs, pasta, taco salad. On days where nothing looks appetizing the second-go-round, I go to the old reliable PB & J! I used to never eat them as an adult but now it hits the spot just fine.

Oh, I also made some curry chicken salad the other night with plain yogurt instead of mayo! It was great! Just make sure you can refrigerate your food in the morning!

I have missed turkey sandwiches. Finally I had DH take me out last night to a bistro where I know they  have fresh sliced turkey. It was the best sandwich I've had in months!

• Oh! I also make sure I try to eat an apple or some other kind of fruit. I also try to either have yogurt or mixed nuts on hand. I find I get ravenous!
  • I practically pack the fridge every day and bring it to work with me. Today in my lunch pack I have a PBJ, Salad, pickles, apple sauce, grapes, and blueberries. Oh and yogurt.

I literally am hungry every hour and a half so I need lots of things to munch on.

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• I still do the sandwich thing but just heat up the meat!
  • Calzone. It was cheesy gooey wonderful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just made a hummus wrap: whole wheat wrap, hummus, lettuce, tomato, swiss cheese.

DS 3/11 * CP 6/12 * BFP 12/10/12, EDD 8/20/13
    Pic3
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have no access to a microwave at work and vegetables, especially a typical salad, have been  making me ill. Cooked veggies with dinner are fine, but most days, I'm at a loss for lunch... pb gives me heartburn. This thread is giving me an idea or two, but I welcome more! Sadly, it must be cold and soup tends to leave me hungrier than before I ate it.  I would love to eat sandwiches everyday... :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • A heated roast beef sandwich with a special sauce from a local restaurant. It was absolutely amazing!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Leftover Boston Market from dinner last night, because all I had wanted was their cheesy mac n cheese :-) 

image    image   image   image
    DS #1 arrived 10/09/2011
    DS #2 arrived 08/27/2013
    Loving every minute with two sweet boys!

• I love reading what people are eating and craving. Some of the cravings makes me laugh! I am 11 weeks tomorrow and Im still feeling guilty if I eat junk so I've been eating pretty strictly healthy. I had anchovies, hard cheese, sun dried tomato, cucumber, and greens for lunch. I've been eating small meals throughout the day so I know Im due for more food again shortly!!
  • PB & Strawberry Jelly on toasted pretzel bread with sliced red or orange peppers have been a pretty large chunk of my lunchtime meals lately - it's quick and delicious!

I had a delicious buffalo chicken wrap with a side of fries yesterday - but that was take-out from down the road.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"