Infertility

Calling Angry-Table for 1

i will try to keep this short, but im so angry i hope to not ramble. Friend a i grew up with has always been a bit competative with me. when we were kids, it was who had longer, "prettier hair", who had better boyfriend, petty crap. However, always had a great friendship so i just chalked it up to that was her and not to be snotty, maybe her competativeness was from a bit of jealousy.

Fast forward to beign adults. I was in serious relationship and knew he was THE ONE. She was single. She randomly contacted ex and started dating again. several months later, i got engaged. She started openly discussing her getting married and often talked about how she "had to get married before me becuse she is older than me."  (9 months). She gets engaged shortly after and openly plans her wedding for following February since mine was planned for Sept. She then asks when we plan on starting a family. I never really clue her in. She later tells me her and her DH started when we got married because she assumed we would be starting soon after married.

She tries for over year with no success. Keep in mind she smokes, drinks and is very obese. meanwhile we are trying, but not saying anything. Year goes by for us and we start treatment with RE. She goes to OBGYN and does 2 rounds of clomid.  She calls me to vent its not working, so i decide to open up to her about what we are doing, share the knowledge i have and suggest she see an RE.  At this time, im on IUI 3 and about to have Lap for endo. She does initial testing and is DX with PCOS, blocked tube and poor egg reserve. They are all OOP, so she tries IUI.  Currently in second cycle of IUI.

Which brings us to today. I never hear from the girl anymore unless she is basically calling to see if i'm pregnant.  She randomly texts me today to ask if we are still moving forward with IVF. i say yes, being honest and thinking maybe she has a question since RE stongly encouraged them to do that. She says "oh, just wanted to see where you were with it. I have 3 21mm follies on my good side, so hoping this is it for us.  After everything we have been through, I'm so ready to just be pregnant!" i don't respond back.  About 3 min later, texts again and says, "ok, well fingers crossed this works for me."  Then a third text, "and you too!"

I have always tried to be happy for people expecting or trying. Just cuz i have IF issues, doesn't mean others shouldnt try and be happy while trying or when they get their BFP. But A) she is supposed to be my friend, B)KNOWS everything we have been through and C)is so worried about getting KU before me, she doesn't even care if she is hurtful! I think im done with this friendship. I never wanted to play this competition game, and always just dismissed her comments. But this one just cut too deep.  I can't just ignore it anymore. I think what angers me even more is that s*&t always just works out for her. So i fear she really will get KU this cycle, before me. I'm sure you guys understand what i mean by that.

Sorry, rant over!

~Jen
4/12: HSG All Clear
5-1-12: DX of PCOS
5-4-12: DH S/A all normal.
5-16-12: Offically start IUI#1-->Clomid(50mg) + Trigger + IUI + progesterone supplements=BFN
IUI #2-same treatment-->BFN
July IUI#3-same treatment--->BFN
Aug 22, 2012-Laparoscopy Found/Removed extensive endometreosis.
September 2012-IUI #4-Same treatment as before. BFN
October 2012-forced break/Surgery to remove abnormal cells in left breast.
November 2012-First Injects Cycle (IUI #5)! 225IU Follistim CD 3-5, then monitoring appointment. 20+ follier & e2 >2000-Mild OHSS
December 2012-#2 Injects + IUI#6): Beta 1/18/13-BFN!
Jan 2013-Starting IVF!!! BC starts Jan 17/Lupron on Feb 13/Stims on Feb 18/ER on March 1 IVF Protocol: Lupron 10 units in am until stimms. Then 5 units of Lurpon in am, 150iu of Follistim and 1 unit of Menopur in pm. Holding dosage throughtout since response has been great. Thought we would be freeze all due to OHSS, but ended up getting more follicles then expected! 14 total!!! 12 mature and 11 fertilized. Dr calls for a 5 day transfer!! :) Will freeze remaining.
With Love & Strength, Hope Grows!
WHEN, not IF!!!

Re: Calling Angry-Table for 1

• Ugh what a childish, selfish b!tch. I'd be done with the "friendship" too. Doesn't sound like a friend to me. If the competition is "who is a better friend," you win hands-down. Even if that means removing her from your life since she is toxic because you certainly don't need the negative feelings right now. So sorry!
    TTC since June 2011
    DX: DH (30) severe MFI, severely low count & low motility
    Me (32): all clear
    Appt with Urologist 5/21/12: exam, ultrasound, bloodwork all normal.
    Testicular Biopsy with TESE on 6/8/12. good sperm found! (left side only) froze sperm, failed thaw test :(
    Orientation for IVF/ICSI on 6/13/12. Waiting for the green light following biopsy results...results show adequate sperm production both sides.
    2nd SA 6/18/12: sample is "adequate for ICSI"
    Plan: IVF/ICSI July 2012!
    ER: 7/26/12. 15 eggs retrieved, all mature.
    TESE/TESA/aspiration from epididymis, no motile sperm found :(
    froze all eggs, the saga of praying for good sperm continues.
    8/3/12: 2nd opinion from MFI uro on biopsy slides. Suspects "partial late maturation arrest."
    Plan: more SAs, third biopsy/TESE with frozen back-up either from DH or DS.
    SA 8/17/12: Zero sperm
    SA 8/23/12: Zero sperm
    9/26/12: SPERM FOUND! 15 eggs thawed, 12 survived and were ICSI'd, only 3 fertilized normally. Refrozen as embies and will thaw in Nov. Please survive and grow!
    All 3 survived the thaw on 11/15/12!
    FET 11/17/12: transferred 2, one 4B, one 4C. Beta 11/30:BFFN
    moving on to DS
    DIUI#1 2/18/13,50mg Clomid cd 3-7, Ovidrel trigger, Beta 3/4/13: BFN.
    DIUI#2 3/19/13, 50 mg Clomid cd 3-7, Ovidrel trigger, Beta #1 (14dpiui) 4/2/13: BFP!!!! 150. Beta #2 4/4/13: 420 Beta #3 4/8/13: 2691. Beta #4 4/15/13: 15,086
    1st u/s 4/8/13 shows one gestational sac
    2nd u/s 4/15/13 shows yolk sac, fetal pole and early heartbeat
    3rd u/s 4/25/13: measuring right on track. Heart rate 148 bpm
    A/S 7/22/13: IT'S A BOY!!
    PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome
    [IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/2qmon5u.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd243/laurakat24/turkeybaster-1.jpg"[/IMG]Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageHappy_Yahoo_Personaler:

***sig warning***

Wow, she sounds like a real winner!  Seriously, I don't blame you for wanting to cut such a toxic person out of your life.  If I were you, I would definitely cut ties and not look back.  People like this don't change - they just find new ways of competing - "Oh, I didn't have any morning sickness," "looks what a great athlete my kid is," "MY kid made the honor roll...did yours?"  And really, who needs that? 

She also sounds like she's sort of "done" with you too - real friends don't keep in tocuh just to see if they are still "ahead" in the fertility department.  And they certainly care about your feelings.

So, yeah, I would say to be done with her.  IF is stressful enough.  You don't need to feel like someone is "racing" with you.

And, might I add, I commend you for trying to be happy for other people's BFPs.  It's certainly not easy to be, when you are dealing with IF.  I know I was rarely happy to see others getting pregnant, and not me.  Certain close friends, yeah sure.  Others, not so much.  But I was never outwardly rude - I'd congratulate them and then cry/b**** behind closed doors.

Best of luck to you.  I really hope your IVF goes well and you get your baby.

~Jen
    5-16-12: Offically start IUI#1-->Clomid(50mg) + Trigger + IUI + progesterone supplements=BFN
    November 2012-First Injects Cycle (IUI #5)! 225IU Follistim CD 3-5, then monitoring appointment. 20+ follier & e2 >2000-Mild OHSS
    Jan 2013-Starting IVF!!! BC starts Jan 17/Lupron on Feb 13/Stims on Feb 18/ER on March 1 IVF Protocol: Lupron 10 units in am until stimms. Then 5 units of Lurpon in am, 150iu of Follistim and 1 unit of Menopur in pm. Holding dosage throughtout since response has been great. Thought we would be freeze all due to OHSS, but ended up getting more follicles then expected! 14 total!!! 12 mature and 11 fertilized. Dr calls for a 5 day transfer!! :) Will freeze remaining.
    WHEN, not IF!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageHappy_Yahoo_Personaler:

***sig warning***

Wow, she sounds like a real winner!  Seriously, I don't blame you for wanting to cut such a toxic person out of your life.  If I were you, I would definitely cut ties and not look back.  People like this don't change - they just find new ways of competing - "Oh, I didn't have any morning sickness," "looks what a great athlete my kid is," "MY kid made the honor roll...did yours?"  And really, who needs that? 

She also sounds like she's sort of "done" with you too - real friends don't keep in tocuh just to see if they are still "ahead" in the fertility department.  And they certainly care about your feelings.

So, yeah, I would say to be done with her.  IF is stressful enough.  You don't need to feel like someone is "racing" with you.

And, might I add, I commend you for trying to be happy for other people's BFPs.  It's certainly not easy to be, when you are dealing with IF.  I know I was rarely happy to see others getting pregnant, and not me.  Certain close friends, yeah sure.  Others, not so much.  But I was never outwardly rude - I'd congratulate them and then cry/b**** behind closed doors.

Best of luck to you.  I really hope your IVF goes well and you get your baby.

This is exactly what DH said when i told him about the texts. He said he really doesn't want us being KU the same time because that will be the new competition.

~Jen
    WHEN, not IF!!!
  • She sounds really immature. I think it is time to cut ties and I give you a lot of credit for not doing it a lot sooner!

Sorry that she is in your life... and I know its not a competition but I really hope you get your BFP first :)

Me 36/DH 46 Me: Low AMH (.21) DOR, mild endo; Started seeing RE 11/12
    Jan-March '13 3 IUIs Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    April '13 IVF 1 MDLF converted to 4th IUI due to 3 runaway follicles! BFN
    July/Aug '13 IVF 1.2 Long Lupron = 7R, 6F, 2T= BFP!!!
    Beta 1=512, Beta 2=1,368 Beta 3= 4,128
    It's a boy!!!!
    SUA, GD
    EDD 4/26/14

He's Here! Arrived 4/15/14!!!!

September 2015 - FET with remaining embryos
    Twins! EDD: 6/14/15

PAIF/SAIF Everyone welcome!
  • Oooh, thats a blood boiler. I had "friends" like that before too...its just better to cut them out now because it'll just keep going!! I had a friend once that was a problem "one upper". If my job sucked, hers sucked worse. If I got dumped, she was dating a cheater and that was worse. So on and so on....the straw that broke that camel's back was when she missed my wedding and claimed she took a nap and overslept!!! WTF. Haven't talked to her since and I'm a lot happier these days!!

Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

• She sounds incredibly childish, petty and selfish!!! It's not worth it to waste your time on someone like that even if you have been friends for years.

I had to end a friendship recently with a childhood friend because whenever I would see her she would always dig into me and hit below the belt with really stupid, but hurtful comments and no matter how many times I told her to stop and I didn't appreciate it, she kept at it. So I had to end our friendship to keep my sanity. It's not worth it for me to be surrounded with negative people. 

You need to focus on yourself right now and surround yourself with people who love and support you no matter what. Not people who are all about "me me me" and are competitive with you over having a baby - that's a new kind of low. 

I don't blame you at all for ranting, she sounds like a peach! 

Oct 13 April Siggy: Bunnies
    The 33 Most Important Bunny GIFs On The Internet

DS born on 9/30/13 from IVF #1.2!
      Lilypie - (xNS5)
  • I'm sorry, that's the worst.   I had a childhood friend like that too.   I had to cut it off too.   I realized that if I met her at 29 I wouldn't be friends with her because she says hurtful things.  

Since we've stopped talking, she's contacted my mom to ask if I was having IF issues and to announce she's expecting her 2nd son.  Confused

TTC since 9/2011

IVF #3 w/ICSI = 9/2013 = BFP!   Beta #1 9/9: 79, Beta #2 9/12: 441

EDD: 5/20/14

• What a nasty human being! You don't need this in your life, especially not now. I would have probably cut her off a while ago...IMO you've been way too nice!
    Married 2007
    3 Clomid IUIs -- BFNs
    IVF #1 never made it to transfer
    On "egg health" cocktail DHEA/CoQ10/FRC/Pregnitude/Melatonin
    Starting IVF #2 for Feb 2013
    Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix
    Cancelled mid-cycle due to high P4 levels early on.
    OCPs again for IVF 2.5 mid-March. IVF 2.5 transferred two "gorgeous" 5-day blasts and BFFN. Even REI is baffled
    On indefinite hold until a huge stroke of serendipity led me to IVF 3 May 2014
    Testing found positive cardiolipins/APS, now on lovenox and intralipid infusions
    Transfer of 2 5-day blasts and (FINALLY) BFFP!! 1st ultrasound shows two sacs and two HB, but one is sluggish, almost expecting vanishing twin Subsequent ultrasound confirmed vanishing twin, but my other Little critter looks fantastic!
    "You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it."
    -- Margaret Thatcher

• I agree with PP. Cut her loose, you'll be glad you did. You don't need that crap right now (or ever)

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • ew just get rid of her, and tell her not to contact you anymore.  

• PAIF response:

Ugh.
    I just couldn't surround myself with people to bring me down like that. That competitive BS would just be soooo frustrating.
  • I am so sorry! I had to cut out 2 "friends" too. They apparently knew everything about everything and after a while, I was just done with it!

Good for you on being the better person! You don't need to keep people around like that!

photo 46122502-649c-4d9b-a99e-dc22cf009d51_zpsf72c5124.jpg photo mason4_zps7f19f81c.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 07/2010, Dx with PCOS 11/2011, H's S/A= Perfect!!! HSG= both tubes clear!
    Round #6- 7.5mg Femara+ .5mg Dex+ 75iu Gonal-F+ hCG trigger+ IUI=BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)- 94 Beta#2(22dpo)- 1,619 Beta#3 (28dpo)- 11,396!!!

Just a Little Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"