Parenting after a Loss

Can I vent for a minute?

Do you ever feel like the world is conspiring against you? I am pretty sure that I have to have done something really bad for all of the bad karma I have coming at me this week!
Monday: my first day back at work, and first time leaving my twins. It just sucked period.

Tuesday: My phone rang at 1am, and it was my dad calling to tell me that my mom had a ruptured abdominal aortic aneurism, and was being medivac'd to the same hospital I had the girls at, two hours away. I spent all of Tuesday morning, afternoon and evening with my dad and brother at the hospital. Thankfully, my mom will recover.

Wednesday: work again, and then a conference with moms surgeon.

Thursday: we had an awful storm that knocked our power out at 2am, and also woke the girls. I realized that when I passed out at mid night, I had not mixed their enfacare formula to add to their bm bottles. No power=no water, as we are on a well. Thank God for bottled water! I was not able to go back to sleep after that. On the way to take the kids to daycare this morning, my DS yells "Mom, the cat is in the car!!!"

WTF man?!?! Can a chick get a break?!?! I am running on like 9 hours of sleep for the week, and terrified of what tomorrow will bring!

Whew! If you made it this far, you're a rockstar! Here's to hoping this week gets all of the crazy out of the way for the next year!!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Can I vent for a minute?

• I'm sorry your having such a rough week and I hope it gets better. I am glad to hear that your mom will be ok, try to focus on the good as much as you can and snuggle those girls of yours a little extra when you get home I know baby snuggles always make me feel better.
  • imageMrsRiceARoni:
    I'm sorry your having such a rough week and I hope it gets better. I am glad to hear that your mom will be ok, try to focus on the good as much as you can and snuggle those girls of yours a little extra when you get home I know baby snuggles always make me feel better.

Baby snuggles make everything better!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • ((Hugs)) When it rains it poors. I'm so sorry you're having such a rough week. I hope things start looking up for you.
    photo e9455f4d-9751-469e-a19f-460104cd2e5c.jpg photo jan15.jpg
    BFP #1 5/20/10 Natural MC at 5w4d 5/28/10
    BFP #2 11/3/10; BO at u/s 10w6d 12/16/10; Natural MC 1/7/11; D&C 4/21/11
    BFP #3 10/27/11 Please stick, LO!! 2/6/12 It's a Girl! Alexis Grace born 6/29/12
    BFP#4 4/27/14 Stick, stick, stick!! 8/11/14 It's a Boy! Evan Wesley born 1/8/15
    "Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow, that is patience."  Let it Be (blog)My BFP Charts
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    This time I'm not leaving without you.
  • imageBumgellica216:

I'm sorry you are having such a rough week. Look at it this way: when things are this bad, they can only get better! I hope things start looking up soon. (((hugs)))

This. You're just getting all the trouble for, oh, 6 months or so. It will be clear sailing from here on!

And your cat was in the car? How did that go? I hope s/he's a calm cat!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sorry you've had a rough week. I hope your mom recovers quickly.

But I had to chuckle at the cat in the car.

BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow! ((hugs)) I hope things settle down for you soon!
    BFP#1 12/18/10 EDD 8/28/11 | 2/14/11 discovered that our baby girl had anencephaly D&C 2/17/11 at 12.5 weeks | no O or AF post loss - Dx: AO + mild PCOS = secondary infertility Provera after 70 days = AF but no O | Provera + 50mg Clomid after 110 days = AF but no O 3 rounds of 100mg Clomid + Estrogen + Progesterone = mixed O results, all BFN hysteroscopy 1/6/12 - removed fibroid tissue injection cycle #1 - 75 IU follistim + ovidrel (triggered 2/9/12) + endometrin = BFP! EDD 11/3/12 | Beta @ 13dpo = 184, 17dpo = 993, 26dpo = >5000 IT'S TWIN BOYS!! Tommy and Charlie arrived on 9/10/12 after less than 6 hours of labor at 32 weeks Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • (Hugs) I'm sorry that you are going through all this..hope things look better for you soon. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • You deserve a glass of wine and a bubble bath, Momma!

I LOL'd at the cat in the car, btw.  That's a total classic.

BFP #1 5/2010 - Missed m/c at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 2/2011
    Baby G welcomed with love and relief 10/2011
    Surprise BFP 1/8/2013...say what? Baby A arrived 9/2013

Motherhood is not for wimps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I hope your week gets better. I am glad the your Mimi's doing okay. Sending many TPs for a speedy recovery!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• Thanks ladies! Now that I am back home, with lights, and baby snuggin, I feel much more positive about everything. DS has wrestling practice tonight, so DH is taking him and DD1, while the twins and I hang out at home.We are ordering Chinese and having a girls night in! Maybe, just maybe, they will pick tonight to sleep for longer than 2.5 hour stretches!

• imagesandyd:
    You deserve a glass of wine and a bubble bath, Momma!nbsp;I LOL'd at the cat in the car, btw.nbsp; That's a total classic.

The cat is my nemesis. I love all animals, but honestly am not the cats biggest fan, nor is she mine. It was just one of those moments where you know the universe is kicked back and laughing like crazy.

• Yikes, that is a rough week! I'm glad your mom will be ok. Hugs hon, I hope that's ask the universe throws at you for the next year.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"