August 2011 Moms

Birth story and pics of baby Nolan! (Super Long)

Ok this may be long, I really want to write this all down before I forget the details.... feel free to skip to the pictures! ;)

On Friday night (1/26) DD did not sleep well at all. In fact I was up with her until about 2 in the morning. While rocking her back to sleep I kept having sorta painful BH, I figured it was the beginning of what would eventually be a baby... in a few weeks. However, that night I didn't sleep well because I kept panicking about all the things I wanted to get done before the baby came and I was having contractions here and there. On Saturday morning, DH went in to work for a few hours and I went into super cleaning mode, I had my Mom come pick up DD for a few hours so I could re-organize our bedroom without the extra help (because reorganizing our bedroom was important at the time lol). Obviously, I was nesting. My Mom said she didn't say anything but laughed as she left because she KNEW this was more than just cleaning. LOL!

When DH came home I told him I had been having what I thought might be contractions throughout the day. Nothing horrible I couldn't deal with and certainly not worth timing yet. Because let's face it, I didn't think I was having a baby for a few weeks. It was a nice afternoon, I took a shower (shaved my legs just in case), relaxed and continued to pick up the house. We decided around 5pm to go to Home Depot and Lowes to look at rugs for our basement. Why sit around and wait for contractions. While in Home Depot I had 2 good contractions and then in Lowes another 3 or so. We decided that they were pretty close and MAYBE we should time them. Even though we both just knew they were going to die out and we would go on with normal life for a few more weeks. When we got home DH's parents stopped by with pizza and the contractions continued at about 8 minutes apart. At this point I was getting on my hands and knees with every contraction and moaning through them. This continued until we put DD to bed around 8. Check out this picture of DD imitating me during a contraction. It was hilarious and sweet (so glad DH grabbed the camera!)

My Mom called shortly before 8 and asked if we wanted her to take DD and put her to bed in case we decided to head to the hospital. But we really didn't think we would go to the hospital that evening let alone that weekend (no denial that I was in labor or anything!) So we put her to bed and continued timing the contractions. Around 10:30 pm I had woken up DD twice with my moaning and my contractions were about 5 minutes apart. We decided to warm up the car and move her to my parents' house (they live 5 houses away from us). I figured even if we didn't go to this hospital that night at least I would stop waking her up. By the time we got to my parents house (after gathering up DD's things and taking our sweet time) I had a contraction getting out of the car, 3 in their house and another outside before I got into the car. My contractions were about 2 minutes apart. Sooooo... we decided maybe we should go back to our house and grab my hospital bag and head to the hospital, just in case labor didn't stop that night. I had 2 contractions while grabbing my bag in the house and then another one in our driveway. I remember being horribly embarrassed because it was like 10:45 pm and here I was yelling and moaning in our driveway, I was sure our neighbors were thinking they should call the police at the craziness going on outside. (My Aunt actually lives next door and said her dog was going nuts around then and she couldn't figure out why!) We only live 10 minutes from the hospital and I thought I was going to die on the way there, I don't think there is anything worse than laboring in a car going over bumps. Horrible, just horrible. DH and I were guessing how dilated we thought I'd be, He guessed 2cm and I guessed 3cm. From the time we got out of the car and into LD I had 4 contractions, I was TOTALLY that lady being wheeled through the ER moaning in pain. People were looking at me and I was mortified! 

When we finally got to LD the on staff doctor checked me and to our surprise I was dilated to 6cm! "Ok, maybe we are actually going to have a baby tonight", I thought. The nurse asked if wanted an epidural and I said I wasn't sure, she said I could let her know after I got settled into my room and got an IV. We got into our LD room around 11:45, the contractions were coming fast and furious at that point. I stopped in the bathroom to pee, while in there I found a toothbrush and toothpaste and decided I would brush my teeth. As I am taking my time and moaning away the nurses started to get worried I was going to deliver in the bathroom and began begging me to get out. By the time I got out and laid down the on call doctor for my OB's office was there and checked me, I was dilated to 8cm, he broke my water and walked out of the room. I had two more contractions and I needed to push. The doctor came back and the nurses ran around getting the delivery items ready, while I pushed on my own. I couldn't stop pushing so I did! I pushed for 10 minutes and Nolan was born at 12:24! The cord was wrapped around his neck so the doctor had to cut it before he was fully delivered. He was placed on my chest so I could meet and fall in love with him! We don't have any pictures with him all gooey and new because we left the camera in the car....

It was amazing and awesome to labor comfortably at home and deliver med free simply because it was over before I could get desperate enough for an epidural!

Having a new baby at home is sweet, wonderful and calming. DD has adjusted amazingly so far, we are so happy and blessed!

You really forgot how small they are when they are first born, how quickly they grow....

Last bump pic:

DH reading DD "I'm a big sister" while I was laboring at home:

New baby:

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Birth story and pics of baby Nolan! (Super Long)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"