Health & Exercise
Options

Spinning

I'm a spin teacher and 10 weeks pregnant!!! Am able to continue to teach and keep my workload moderate since I can jump off the bike and walk around class. Was wondering if any women continued to spin throughout their pregnancy?even if it was your first? And when did you stop?

I'm a personal trainer and prenatal cert! and feel even better after moving some light weights around 2x/week. Feeling amazing between exercise and eating whole foods. Who's with me?!?!??

Re: Spinning

• Options
    I've been crossfitting since Day 1, and I'm almost 36 weeks pregnant. I feel so much better after exercise, so I haven't given it up : I didn't even have to moderate anyway weight until the past 23 weeks; I still am doing alot of the movements with minimal scaling. Currently I crossfit 4x a week 2 days on/1 off/2 on/2 off and walk 45 min1 hour on the days I don't crossfit
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Options
    That's impressive!! I'm happy you feel that good and so strong. Is this your first pregnancy?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow and am still going to spin twice a week. I do find that the loud music irritates him and he gives me rib shots and crotch shots. And I've had to raise my handlebars as high as they will go. I also can't do the jumps anymore, but standing climbs are still good.

Spin is about the only cardio I can do anymore. I hate the elliptical, and running hurts my hips too much.
  • Options

I'm a FTM in her late 30s.  Still working out 5-6 days a week.  I spin, do bootcamps and HIIT training.  As a PP said I'm still able to do everything (e.g. pushups and burpees) with minimal modifications.  I did notice, however, that I'm now beginning to feel like I might need to go low impact.  Something about jumping around with a 5+ lb human inside pressing on my kidney is becoming bothersome.  Despite the slight discomfort, I plan to be in the gym until the day I give birth.

FWIW...one of my friends is in her 40s is giving birth to her third child and is due a week after me.  She is still teaching classes such as aqua spin and turbo kick.   

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all your input! I will continue to do what I can and teach my class!
  • Options
    I'm also a spinning instructor. I checked with my dr at my first appointment and he said it was perfectly fine. I teach 3x a week(it's my part time job) and I feel great! I just skip the sprints...The dr did say not to let my heart rate get too high...so I jump off the bike during sprints....
    m/c #1 6/30/05 m/c #2 9/18/06 m/c #3 9/18/08 BFP 10/21/12....EDD 7/6/13....Praying this is my sticky baby. Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"