June 2012 Moms
Options

Babbling

Anyone else's LO not yet putting sounds together. Like  mamama and bababa. The only time I've heard Hannah make the "Ma" sound was when she was crying. Other then that she just pterodactyl screams. She's not a huge talker.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12

Re: Babbling

• Options
    DS started with dadada around 5 months but totally stopped while he was learning to crawl. Only in the last couple weeks, after he mastered crawling and pulling up, did he start babbling again. We've had gagaga and bababa.

Could she be working on something "more important" to her instead?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagekhill86:
    DS started with dadada around 5 months but totally stopped while he was learning to crawl. Only in the last couple weeks, after he mastered crawling and pulling up, did he start babbling again. We've had gagaga and bababa. Could she be working on something "more important" to her instead?

She's definitely working on crawling right now. Getting from the sitting position to her knees and getting on her knees from her belly and rocking. Not concerned, just wondering how everyone else's LO is doing in the babbling department. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO is the same way. She says "goo" and squeals, but is not making any repeating sounds like dada mama baba. DD1 was the same way - she never really made sounds like that, she went straight to real words.
  • Options
    DS makes noises a lot, but he doesn't really repeat one over and over like "dadadada." He will say hey/hi, goo, ah-goo, dee, etc. He's still miles away from crawling. I think he's concentrating his developmental efforts on learning to swim, which would be great if we lived in an aquarium. Argh.

• Options
    My LO was a little behind on making noises and my ped had said to call them at 7 mo if it had not improved and they would consider early intervention. She was v ahead on motor skills though. Now she is chatting up a storm since she has mastered crawling and pulling up. I am in the camp that agrees that they tend to focus on one area at a time.
  • Options
    We have a lot of yeas, hi's, heys and some agoos randomly in there....not even a trace of dada or mama. He still looks at me like I'm nuts every time I chant those words to him. I know it well happen when he's good and ready, but I am anxious!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    My son is clearly planning to learn the dog's name well before he says Mama.  I think just one time while screaming about a poop he wasn't enjoying taking he may have let a mamama slip. Instead its ha ha ha all day long and when I call "Henry" he tries to play along.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"