2nd Trimester
Options

Pets as gender predictors?

My best friend mentioned to me that animals can sense gender. I just read about it and totally laughed at the insanity...but I haven't seen anyone on here post about it...

Female dog clingy=Male baby
Male dog clingy=Female baby

Cats clingy=Male baby
Cats unclingy=Female baby

I must be having a hermaphrodite because my male and female dogs have been ridiculously clingy...my male dog has started worrying about me. He follows me everywhere, and even lays outside the bathroom. My female dog as become super protective.

Anyone hold true to the theory?!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Pets as gender predictors?

• Options
    I don't think this is a thing.
  • Options
    ...it's not serious or meant to be taken that way.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Gotta love how some people react to these...

Anyway, I have two male dogs and a female dog.  They've all been mostly ignoring me since my FIL arrived since he feeds them people food and I don't.   None have been overly clingy.  At night the female always tries to sneak into bed with us, but that's nothing new.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Options

It's true that animals have a "sixth" sense and can tell there is some change going on with you, which can cause them to be extra clingy. 

Otherwise, this is total nonsense. If it were true, every cat owner would be having a female baby, because cats are typically not clingy at all! ha

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hee. This is as ridiculous as the drunk vs. sober sex thing.

I have conflicting results. My female dog is being super needy and my cats don't give a fuckk. Stupid animals.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This is funny.  We have a rabbit and a parrot... any predictors there? However this evening, my female parrot has been super clingy and she typically likes my husband more.  I think it is just because she does not want to go back in her cage for the night. haha
  • Options
    I have two female big baby dogs that our my shadows but that is nothing new but since hubby travels lots I get ignored when he comes home. My male parrot favors me more but always has since I am home the most. My reptiles don't care LOL

• Options
    That's funny. We're having a boy and my cats actually have been super clingy lately but I think that's cause I gave them wet food a few times recently and they want more.
  • Options
    When I got pregnant my cat got SUPER clingy and followed me room to room and slept with me every night! As far as gender goes this wasn't accurate by any means based on my cat but it's funny to think about!
  • Options

With DD none of my animals would leave me along.  I have a female cat, a male cat and a female dog. 

This time my male cat is all up in my grill, but that's about it.  I don't know the sex yet. 

• Options
    My dogs always sense when I'm pregnant, but as for gender I personally just think that's silly. I don't even they my dogs know their own sex.
  • Options
    imageProudnavywifemommy:
    My dogs always sense when I'm pregnant, but as for gender I personally just think that's silly. I don't even they my dogs know their own sex.

Hahahahha. Ain't that the truth...

It was just funny reading all the stories I found about it. With the crazy gender posts last night I thought it was good timing to bring it up : I think if someone said there is a theory if you stand on your head and drink water you will find out the gender of your baby...people would do it. Fun stuff though!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I thought this was funny!! We have 5 (indoor) cats, the have all been pretty clingy since I found out I was pregnant. It's kind of odd to have all 5 around me while watching tv or on the computer.
  • Options
    I've never heard this before. We are having a girl. My male dog is clingy, but he has always been clingy. My female dog has gotten more clingy than before but not as much as my male dog.
  • Options
    That's funny!! My neutured sp? dogs were super clingy when I was pregnant with DS and the same now but I'm pregnant with a girl. So who knows.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

This is cute!

Both my male and female dogs are clingy as possible to me so it doesn't help me there. 

My female cat on the other hand who is normally aloof has been my shadow since we found out I was pregnant. So there it matches!

I love hearing all the crazy sex predicting stories, they're good entertainment.

image"Image">imageAnniversaryimageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a male and female dog.  They are both clingy.  They are also clingy to my H. 
    Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I only have female dogs and there clingy no matter what unless there is food to be fond. Thinking this predictor not true
  • Options
    lol i have two male dogs and they are just clingy with or without baby :) 
  • Options

Well I used to go to bed and the cats would pile up on top of me throughout the night. Now I just have my one cat sleep at the foot of the bed. They might hover around me, but they definitely don't cuddle as much as they used to.

Saying cats aren't typically clingy really is stereotyping. Each cat has a different personality. You have lap cats and you'll have sit-beside-you cats and then there is always the hidden cat. If there is a sudden behavior change, it's worth noting. 

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options
    Not sure how true it is, but with my friend my female dog was really attached to her and she had a girl both times lol and with me she is even more clingy than average. ive had her for 5 years and she always followed me and stayed in the bathroom while i showered but since i was about 4 months she keeps jumping into the shower. mind you she's not a "let me take a bath" dog voluntarily lol. She would even sit in the shower soaking wet till i got out. But time and time again dr reassures me im having a girl.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"