Food Allergy

Help, please! Food allergy?

In my opinion, DD has always had odd poops.  When she was EBF for the first 5 months, her poos were almost always mucusy.  There were even a few times when they were greasy.  She always has sneezed and coughed a lot.  I took her in on several occasions because I thought "milk allergy" and all 3 peds that work at the practice her primary does were not concerned because her weight gain was good and she had no rashing or fussiness

When she started eating solids, mostly BM and a bit of formula is probably the best point for her poos, they became more solid, less mucusy, etc.  She has been put on medication for reflux due to the coughing and productive burps.

Now that she is weaned and eating solids, her poos have lost a lot of the "normalcy".  We wake up in the morning and she has HUGE stinky very soft dark green poos.  They almost look like blow outs of dark green tar.  I know that the dark green is because of the iron in the formula, but the consistency is disgusting and not even close to as solid as it was back when she was BM and solid fed. 

Does any of this sound like milk allergy?  Can they do anything for an 8 month old?  I read a lot of the posts and it sound like testing is out.  I am taking her in today because she caught that stomach flu and has had diarrhea for 10 days and I want to discuss the whole poo situation at that time.

Re: Help, please! Food allergy?

• My son has a soy and dairy intolerance. He also has messy and smelly poops- always has. Once and awhile they are more firm, but mostly they are like mushy peanut butter. I told his GI and she was not concerned. As long as they aren't mucous or blood filled it is fine. He is also teething which can really mess with poop.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 8 mo isn't too young for testing. My DD was tested for her milk protein allergy at around 8 or 9 months. The allergist re-tested her every 6 mo after that.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLSU628:
    8 mo isn't too young for testing. My DD was tested for her milk protein allergy at around 8 or 9 months. The allergist re-tested her every 6 mo after that.

agree.  my son was tested at 7 months.  Some allergist will not want to, so i would ask before making the appointment if they test babies.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"