Washington Babies
Options

Seattle OBGYN Group/VBAC recs

Hi! I am wondering if any of you have any experience with a VBAC at the Seattle OBGYN Group.  I went to the Swedish midwives with my first pregnancy and then had to transfer to the perinatal group because of Placenta Previa.  I am hoping to have a natural VBAC this time but am having a hard time finding a good place.  Unfortunately I can't go back to the midwife group because they do not do VBACs yet.  I was hoping to go to Luba Foltz at Seattle OBGYN but she is booked for September already.  Do any of you have experience with a VBAC there with any other doctors?  Or, if you had a good experience somewhere else? Thanks in advance!

Re: Seattle OBGYN Group/VBAC recs

• Options
    Here are the VBAC rates for hospitals in the state. UW and Group Health are your best bets in the area. You can deliver st Group Health even if you do not have Group Health insurance. If you would prefer to labor unmedicated and like a midwifery approach, you might try Sally Avenson. There are also Homebirth midwives who will attend VBACs in the area. Seattle ICAN is a great resource for individual OB recommendations. They have monthly meetings and a Yahoo list.

https://www.cesareanrates.com/storage/state_pdfs/Washington_Cesarean_Rates_Report.pdf

Sharon Muza of New Moon Birth does a great VBAC class too.
  • Options

Have you checked with the ICAN yahoo group? It's been quiet lately, but there are lots of old posts with recommendations. Can you go to Group Health? They have a great vbac rate and largely midwife attended. I think Neighborcare does non GH insurance births there, plus Sally Avenson. We actually switched to a homebirth at 26 weeks with my VBAC, but had been lined up with Cindie Brown of Midwife Seattle. She is AWESOME and used to attend births at GH, but no longer. She only does homebirths now and her practice isn't quite ready to take HBACs.

I think I recall people being pretty happy at UW, Swedish first hill? I'm a little out of the hospital loop since we moved to homebirth. But check the ICAN yahoo group, or even email Sharon Muza directly for a list of recommendations. She's the co-leader (my doula for the second time, and awesome).   You can find her posts on the yahoo group. https://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ICAN-Seattle/messages

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"