Health & Exercise
Options

Anyone use Nike+?

So I have a Nike+ Sportwatch.  It has the shoe sensor for running on the treadmill.  I got it a year ago and it used to do great.  Like, it may be off a tenth of a mile in a 4 mile run inside.  Now, it is off like 4 tenths to 0.85 in a 4-5 mile run.  I just had my treadmill calibrated and it was off by more AFTER than before.

I enjoy running, but to routinely be going half a mile or more over my goal is insane.  I am wondering if replacing my sensor may be solution.  I read reviews online that reported them going out quickly and I have a lot of time on it.

I have always just put the sensor under my insole w/o problems (w/o Nike shoes), I am wondering if I should order the bracket to go on the outside of my shoe though...  Any opinions?

Re: Anyone use Nike+?

• Options
    If you aren't using Nike+ shoes with the indentation for the sensor, I'd say buy the little pouch that holds it securely to your laces.  If it's flopping around at all, it's going to read wrong.  I would also calibrate on a track so you know exactly how far you've run.  Treadmills can be off too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageSittinUnderAPalmTree:
    If you aren't using Nike+ shoes with the indentation for the sensor, I'd say buy the little pouch that holds it securely to your laces.  If it's flopping around at all, it's going to read wrong.  I would also calibrate on a track so you know exactly how far you've run.  Treadmills can be off too.

Oddly here in ND tracks are private and mostly locked.

I run outside and I know the landmarks and the distance to them.  Our treadmill was calibrated today.  I understand the sensor could read wrong, but I have done it this way for the last year w/o any issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"