July 2011 Moms
Options

Biting

DS entered this biting phase. He's got the biggest sense of humor about it. He walks up, pretends he's going to kiss you, then once he makes contact, his kiss turns into a bite. And it's a hard bite! I think he's half pit bull and has a locking jaw or something Stick out tongue

This all started about a week ago. I've told him no sternly. I've taken him out of the situation. I've tried ignoring it and not responding hoping without a response it wouldn't be funny. Nothing is helping. 

Is my kid the only vampire? And how do I make it stop?! Tongue Tied

Re: Biting

• Options

Ahh! That would grind my nerves to no end. It seems like you're doing all the right things? It's not like you can rub lemon juice on yourself constantly, to be less appealing :/ 

What a little meanyhead!

Mine went through a phase of pulling my hair (really hard) and laughing. I just had to be very firm with her. Sometimes I'd have to hold her still for a few seconds so I can make eye contact with her, and very slowly and firmly say "Don't hurt mommy" I think her seeing my expression change helped a bit, because then her demeanor would change a bit, you know?

I would also get her when she was playing with her baby dolls, and just say "Do nice" and show her how to pet her baby gently, then she'd start saying "nice" so once she picked that up, I just started saying "do nice" when she starts acting like a crazy person... Sometimes she'll randomly come up to me and just start petting my head, saying "Nice mommy" lol. 

Just keep trying different things until you get his attention, and be consistent from there. I'd make it a point to never laugh at those situations, etc.  

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I flicked DD's mouth with my fingers. It doesn't hurt, but it surprised her, and she hasn't but since.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Spray him in the face with a water bottle?

Seriously though, I have no idea. My DD goes to a sitter whose toddler is a love biter. We're struggling through it as well, just on the receiving end. 

imageimageimage
  • Options

My toddler went through a biting phase and it wasn't out of love. She was downright mean about it TBH. :)

I'd grab her face sternly but not hard.

The only thing that really worked and nixed it all together was she got bit back by one of her a bit older cousins after she bit him first. Sad to say it worked and we haven't had a biting incident since. Sounds horrible but I think she just had to realize herself it really did hurt or something.

• Options
    imageFive_letter:

LOL

I yell "OW", set her on the floor and walk away. Sitting by herself is our most effective discipline at this point.

• Options
    imagedairygirl19:

The only thing that really worked and nixed it all together was she got bit back by one of her a bit older cousins after she bit him first. Sad to say it worked and we haven't had a biting incident since. Sounds horrible but I think she just had to realize herself it really did hurt or something.

Note to self: Find another toddler that bites.

• Options
    imageihearttab:
    imageFive_letter:
    LOL I yell "OW", set her on the floor and walk away. Sitting by herself is our most effective discipline at this point.
    This is what I do whenever LO does something awful (hit, bite, scratch, etc.). I think she gets it b/c when she hurts herself now, she says OW! and goes to sit by herself. ??? She's so weird.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"