Pre-School and Daycare

Does anyone have experience with plantar warts with their child?

DD complained of a painful bump on the sole of her foot awhile back and we found out it was a plantar wart.  She goes to swim class, and I suspect that may be where she picked up the virus that causes it.  We took her to a podiatrist and he has been putting salicylic acid on it on and debriding it (scraping) every week or so and we have been putting the salicylic patches on it at home every day.  It was working and the wart is almost gone, which is great since DD hates the whole process.  Well, today I went to put on the patch and noticed a new bump nearby.  :(   URGH!   Does anyone know the typical process of plantar warts?  Will they just keep popping up over and over again?  (She has not been in contact with anything new that would make her get more....her feet are always covered and dry and at swim I put her directly in the water and she wears water shoes while walking on the pool deck.)  Will they ever just be completely gone or will we be doing this for years now?   I'm so frustrated.  Thanks for the advice from anyone that has experienced this before!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Does anyone have experience with plantar warts with their child?

• I had one in 6th grade. I had to have it cut out because it was so deep. I was on crutches for a week or so. I never had another one.
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • I had them as a kid (YMCA swim class caught the blame).  Mine did keep coming back for a while, unfortunately.  I had them frozen off and used all kinds of medications and natural remedies.  Eventually they went away for good but I remember it being a saga for at least several months.  Hopefully your DD will have better luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a few on both of my feet as a kid.  They grew in deep and had to get the same weekly treatments.  It wasn't painful until the last 1-2 treatments and I was on crutches for that part.   Haven't had them come back, but then again, I was more conscious about wearing shoes (flip flops at least) when I was outside.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"