Delaware Babies

January Cycle is started

so I brought in the new year with a new cycle. AF arrived yesterday morning. that was so kind of her to let me party out the old year. this year is full of wonderful things for Ben and I.

Tomorrow is CD3 and I have my first ultrasound of the cycle.  and I think on CD7 I start clomid but i'm not certain on the day...they'll tell me tomorrow.

so any of you girls that have gone through an IUI before have any suggestions on questions I need to ask the dr. the only one I can think of currently is, why if I seem to be ovulating on my own do i need to take clomid?

Re: January Cycle is started

• imageamccul20:

why if I seem to be ovulating on my own do i need to take clomid?

Thats a good question. I would prob asked what the chances if any there are of multiples? What is the success rate with this procedure?  

ETA- I asked my mom group and they believe that clomid makes you release an egg or possible more than one egg which gives the sperm a better target or more targets to aim at pretty much.  The IUI itself does not increase the change of multiples but the clomid does. Ready for twins?? lol

BFP 03/01/2011 - DD  Annabelle 10/28/2011
    BFP 12/2/2012 - MC 12/19/2012 @ 5w
    BFP 01/25/2013 - MC 02/09/2013
    BFP 09/09/2013 - DUE 05/17/2014
  • I have no experience but I just wanted to say good luck!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageOlalala157:
    imageamccul20:

why if I seem to be ovulating on my own do i need to take clomid?

Thats a good question. I would prob asked what the chances if any there are of multiples? What is the success rate with this procedure?  

ETA- I asked my mom group and they believe that clomid makes you release an egg or possible more than one egg which gives the sperm a better target or more targets to aim at pretty much.  The IUI itself does not increase the change of multiples but the clomid does. Ready for twins?? lol

honestly I think i'm going to love being pregnant and I will want to experience that more than once. but Ben and I are only having 2 kids so twins would be the end to that.

I will take whatever I can get though~

I have a list of questions to ask. and I did a bit of research and it seems that the increased risk of multiples with clomid is possible but its only like 2% more than if it was a natural cycle.

but you better believe i'm still going to ask! ha

• imagejtwin1:

I have no experience but I just wanted to say good luck!!

thank you!

I'll keep this board and my blog updated on whats going on but I probably won't say much on the de nest board about all of this. everyone is sooo soo supportive but I don't want to inundate them with all the boring details:)

• imageamccul20:
    imagejtwin1:

thank you!

I'll keep this board and my blog updated on whats going on but I probably won't say much on the de nest board about all of this. everyone is sooo soo supportive but I don't want to inundate them with all the boring details:)

Well I'm very interested in keeping up with your progress and experiences, so please keep us updated! For some reason I find it hard "blending in" on the nestie board lately for some reason so I have been keeping my distance a bit. 

I think it would be pretty cool having twins. You get to use everything you have twice over already and nobody says you cant have a third right? I sometimes wish Annabelle had a twin just so they could occupy each other!  It doesn't matter what fate brings you as long as he/she/they are healthy. 

• I have three things to say:

1. Yay for maybe twins!!! I've always wanted twins.

2. I am totally interested in your progress! 

3. I feel ya Aleks about fitting in. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Awww guys keep your posts coming!!! I am very interested and I enjoy chatting with you all!!! I was so excited when you all started posting over here!

So feel free to vent away! :
  • Oh and about having twins, I am a twin and I love it, was almost blessed with twins, but was not ment to be.

My sister and I had fun growing up, and I have worked with quite a few sets of twins.
  • imagejtwin1:
    Oh and about having twins, I am a twin and I love it, was almost blessed with twins, but was not ment to be.

My sister and I had fun growing up, and I have worked with quite a few sets of twins.

I didn't know you were a twin, but your name does say twin!
  • Thanks girls for all your support. I hate that some of you don't feel fully comfortable on the nest anymore: I feel like its been sooo slow over there. I think boards in general eb and flow a little so stick with it.

I'll def let you know how tomorrows appt. goes. I think its going to be fairly simple though
  • How is Ben feeling about everything? I'm sure it must be pretty stressful for him as well. Did you guys say anything to either of your families?

• imageOlalala157:
    How is Ben feeling about everything? I'm sure it must be pretty stressful for him as well. Did you guys say anything to either of your families?

He's OK. Frustrated and scared of how this cycle is going to end but he is always so optomistic and positive about things.

My older sister knows some of what's going on and SIL Cindy knows what's happening because she's been through IF. both of them know that I've confided in them only and that I don't want them saying anything to anyone.
  • imageOlalala157:
    imageamccul20:
    imagejtwin1:

thank you!

Well I'm very interested in keeping up with your progress and experiences, so please keep us updated! For some reason I find it hard "blending in" on the nestie board lately for some reason so I have been keeping my distance a bit. 

I think it would be pretty cool having twins. You get to use everything you have twice over already and nobody says you cant have a third right? I sometimes wish Annabelle had a twin just so they could occupy each other!  It doesn't matter what fate brings you as long as he/she/they are healthy. 

This. I like hearing about what is going on and the fact that we can relate on a different level than tn is a plus.
  • imageamccul20:
    My older sister knows some of what's going on and SIL Cindy knows what's happening because she's been through IF. both of them know that I've confided in them only and that I don't want them saying anything to anyone.

I didn't know Cindy had been through IF. That's great that you have someone close who knows what you're going through who is close to you. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"