June 2011 Moms
Options

Preparing for an EEG

I know it's been awhile since I posted regularly...it's been a crazy few months as you can all relate. Yesterday I went to drop my son off in the church nursery like I do every Sunday. He started to walk away, then froze, screamed, and fell over. I thought he was just throwing a tantrum and started to walk towards him. When I got close, I discovered he was having a seizure. We spent all day at our local hospital and then were transferred to Children's in Pittsburgh. Since it was his first seizure, there is not much that can be discovered about why it happened. It was not a febrile seizure because he did not have a fever. We have to follow up with a neurologist and get an EEG next week. Has anyone's LO had an EEG? I'm trying to prepare myself mentally for this. Seeing my little guy having a seizure was the scariest thing I've ever witnessed. I'm hoping that it never happens again. Any advice would be great.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Preparing for an EEG

• Options
    How scary.  No experience/advice but wanted to let you know I will be praying for you and LO.  Please keep us posted.  
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Options
    Scary! No advice but I hope everything is ok! That must have been so terrifying for you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So sorry.... I don't even know what I would have done...

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• Options
    My second youngest, had and EEG the hardest part for him sitting still but it was not bad at all. T&P

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options

Oh Momma I am so sorry you had to experience that. LO had four seizures on Thursday, but all of his were febrile, We are headed to a neurologist on the 21st because he has had 7 since the week of his birthday. They are pretty scary.I hope for everyone's sake it was short.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm so sorry this happened.  Please keep us posted!
    Pinterest
    My Blog- Life With a Toddler
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#2 12/2/12 EDD 8/26/13; No heartbeat at 6w6d on 1/4/13; D&C 1/5/13
    My Ovulation Chart
    PgAL/PAL Always Welcome
  • Options

I do mostly lurking here, but my little guy has infantile spasms, a form of epilepsy. We have had well over a dozen EEGs in 19 months. The hardest part is sleep depriving him before the test. I don't know what guidelines your neurologist gave you, but the more tired they are, the better for results. Is hard when they are so tired and having to have the electrodes placed on their head, but its well worth it. I get to stay with him during the entire test which helps ease my mind each time. Feel free to ask anything else. Is not fun having to enter the world of neurology, but I hope you get some great results and quickly. 

• Options
    No advice, but plenty of T&P. That sounds so scary. Please keep us updated. 

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Options
    Oh i'm so sorry.  I hope you get the good answers you are looking for!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Oh no!  That would be very scary.  I hope everything is ok!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"