June 2011 Moms

Wow. The Bump sucks. I am over it.

I will preface by saying this has nothing to do with the June 2011 board. Recently, with TTC 2, I have ventured to other boards. Well that was a mistake. So many people are so rude. The 'regulars' on Babies on the Brain and TTC and TTGP are so snarky at newbies and people that have questions. I wrote a response to a post on BOTB, in 'text talk', and someone got irritated with me. I am on my phone, and dont feel the need to think 'correctly' when I write on here. Its so annoying and discouraging. Its so heartless amd rude the way some.of these women are to people.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wow. The Bump sucks. I am over it.

• I'm really sorry, I've seen how bad it can be also. I've been lurking on the ttc after 35 board. I'm terrified to post any  questions, i google everything and just read some over there.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• I've been lurking on the other boards as well.  They aren't so sugary and if "you" ask a stupid question, then be prepared.  It's not just these boards, but it's the same for the forums MH frequents too.  Plus you have to keep in mind that some of these women are vets b/c of some struggles etc.  It's proper netiquette to read the board rules before posting, as well as proper social etiquette getting a feeling for the social norms of a group.  It's also frowned upon to b!tch about it on other boards.  I know you're not calling anyone out, but if you don't like the board, just don't go.  And an FYI it's T-TTC as in Trouble Trying To Conceive.  Yeah the ladies can be harsh, but just shrug it off, it's the internet! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 11/18/13. EDD 7/25/14. It's a BOY! 

Surprise BFP 7/30/13. EDD 4/7/14. Natural MC 8/24/13

• Loading the player...
  • The rule of thumb on all of these boards is to lurk before you post or you run the risk of running into some unpleasant if you don't learn the lay of the land ahead of time.  For what it is worth, 'text talk' is a big annoyance of mine...and quite honestly, I don't even do it when I am actually texting on my phone...and get annoyed when my mom does.  In all actuality, I have heard plenty of horror stories about the bump, but in most cases, the person doing the complaining is either being overly sensitive or, as is the case quite often, something is lost and misinterpretation quite easy when communicating in this fashion.
  • Yeah... if you are looking for super nice ladies, you are better off to stay on the June board or perhaps your local board. Any other board, you really need to lurk and see what the culture is before you start posting. If not, you are likely to get your feelings hurt. Hope you don't totally leave! You still belong here!
  • Most of the ladies aren't so bad.  You just have to lurk, lurk, lurk before posting. Then lurk some more. Every board has a culture and dos and donts. FWIW, text talk is frowned upon on most Bump boards. Apologies are always nice. I'm sure if you get to know the culture then keep posting, you'll be accepted. Some of the board regs have been around too long to sugar coat things. That doesn't mean they're exceptionally rude as people, just annoyed at their pet peeves.  

I've been around TK, TN, and TB for 4 years and I still lurk heavily and look for a newbie link to read before posting on a new board. 

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• I agree.  I lurked on the TTGP board and was amazed at some of the responses. I never posted over there.  I'm sorry:(
    Pinterest
    My Blog- Life With a Toddler
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#2 12/2/12 EDD 8/26/13; No heartbeat at 6w6d on 1/4/13; D&C 1/5/13
    My Ovulation Chart
    PgAL/PAL Always Welcome
  • I agree.  I was briefly on the July 13' board and it was awful.  There always seems to be a few alpha females that act like they know it all and it has to be frustrating to those that are new to the bump.  This was my first bump board so I am completely spoiled and expect nothing less than the nice ladies (even though I know better). 

If I see the word "butthurt" one more time I'm going to scream.  The ladies (or men, how the hell do we know) on other boards tend to throw this one out at the newbies quite a bit.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Poor chica!  I totally hear you.  I've received some really rude replies and comments.  Really surprised me from a "support" site... some of the comments were the exact opposite of supportive.  :(

I hope you find a site that you feel comfortable on and don't have to walk on eggshells, worrying about what others are going to think or say.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"