Nurseries and Baby Gear

Recommend your double stroller!

We are expecting our second baby in June and would like to hear what double strollers you love as well as any you don't care for. Our son will be 2 1/2 when the baby arrives. Thanks!

Re: Recommend your double stroller!

• IMO from experience you will need a double stroller for longer trips (zoo, amusement park, mall) but not everyday. It really depends on your lifestyle

I have a city select which is a single that can convert to a double if needed. The seats can rotate different directions, you can use a car seat adaptor, buy a toddler glider board (single + board), huge basket it has stadium seating so both kids can see out and one of them isn't sitting on the floor with their feet in your basket (like the Britax or phil and teds). It is great for baby + toddler but pricy ...although it resales very high too. 

I also have a side by side city mini GT which is more rugged and what I prefer with two toddlers. It fits through standard doors, turns on a dime, and each kid can nap without any rearrangement. 

I am a SAHM and rely on my strollers almost every day. If you have help or going places with shopping carts or your child can walk some  people get by with only owning a single stroller. I tried the "wear the baby" method but when you have a toddler throwing a tantrum getting into a shopping cart and almost kicking the newborn in the head (as you lift them into the cart) I rather put both into a stroller and use my basket for my shopping! 

Some people go with sit n stands or ones that can convert but in my experience at 2.5 they will still get tired and need a place to sit (or nap) in a stroller for longer excursions, and I still wouldn't trust DD to sit on a board looking at me with a sit n stand without attempting to run off as I am pushing it.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We love, love, love our BJCM GT.
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1 April 2011 - Cancelled
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
    IVF 2 October 2011 - BFP!
    *Identical Twin Boys born June 2012*
    Here we go again...IVF 3 is underway!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm glad to see good reviews for the BJCM GT double! I just bought one but I'm not due with 2 until next summer. We have a BJCM that we love! It has been awesome for DS.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Same as you, except we're expecting in July and there would be 26 months b/t our kids. I don't know from experience, but I've been checking out the Britax B-Ready double. I like the versatility it offers w/ the infant car seat. We also don't have a lot of room (I live in a condo), and I like that I could also use it as a single. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have the bugaboo donkey and love it. It's great because it goes from a single to a double to even a triple. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"