November 2012 Moms
Options

Night time check-in

Hey ladies, I hope everyone has had a good day and that we are in for a restful night. N has been much better this evening. I am trying to better about having a nightly routine. N just ate, took his Zantac, and we are swaddled and rocking. I really hope he gives me some sleep. SO watched Noah for a little bit this afternoon and I got out of the house and went to Target (my fav store).  It was a much needed break after last night.

Anyone have any exciting New Years plans? We may start a tradition with my family of going out for Chinese buffet and then playing games and watching the ball drop. Otherwise we will just hang out at home.

Ok off to bed for us. Sending happy thought and sleepy dust to all you fellow mommies and babies in bump land.  

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Night time check-in

• Options
    10:30 here. I have Owen in the K'Tan right now because he was fighting sleep. He should be waking up shortly to eat then we'll be off to bed. Hoping for a restful night! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1037 here. Last night was the first night of attempting a bed time routine. She still got up every 1.5-2 hours to eat. Tonight K ate at 9, we rocked and read and story. I put her down at 930 and she was asleep by 945 and is still sleeping. Hoping for longer periods of sleep tonight, but I'll just be happy if she falls back asleep after eating!
    TTC #1 BFP 6/1/2011 blighted ovum d&c 7/15/11
    TTC #2 BFP 12/6/11 chemical pregnancy natural mc 12/18/11
    TTC #3 BFP 3/19/12. 4/9: HR of 134! **Bake Turkey, Bake!**
    **All ALs Welcome**
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1045 here. L finally gave up and fell asleep on my lap. This will be attempt number 2 of getting him to go in his crib. I laid him down at 10 and his eyes popped open. So, we came out to the living room and turned on our sleepy sounds appAMAZING BTWand started rocking him on my lap.

Tomorrow night we are just going over to some friends' house with a couple other couples who have young kiddos. We'll probably spend the night so we don't have to be out on the roads with the crazies.

Well....wish us luck. Hope everyone has a good night!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • Options
    12 here. I've also been trying to do a bedtime routine with M. We got home a little late since we were watching the Pats game at my parents house. M still seemed to recognize our routine. It's like boob, bath every other night, pjs, bedtime story, swaddle and paci, snuggles and sleep. It worked great tonight. He was asleep by 9:15 and just woke up now to nurse. I think we're really turning a corner here!

For New Years we have a midnight service at church. I'm not going this year with M though. I don't want to mess up the days and nights again! We will stay home and I might watch the ball drop... but honestly I'll probably just sleep!

I hope everyone has sweet dreams!
    Photobucket
    "For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him:"
    -1 Samuel 1:27 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    it's been a while! I miss you guys! We went to SoCal last week and got back Monday! Never got to check in since then. Anyway.. We had a rough night last night so I'm hoping tonight will be better! Waiting for Ace to wake up for her last feed before I go to bed with her. I'm actually surprised she hasn't woken up yet. She usually eats around 89 and it's almost 10! I hope this is a sign that she'll be sleeping longer later as well.
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Almost 11, Arianna fought bed time..again.. and now that she has been sleeping, Im spending a little time with DH since he goes on nights tomorrow and I wont see him for 3 days. I should be in bed, and will probably regret that I didnt go tomorrow.

Tomorrow night DH will be at work, so A and I will just be hanging out at home. I will most likely watch the New york ball drop and go to bed, missing midnight in my time zone, but Id rather sleep.

050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Almost 1 here and up feeding S. He took forever to fall asleep tonight, so I didn't get any grownup time with my now snoring FI. We had a busy day, so I think we were just dealing with an overstimulated mess.

Today is our anniversary, so I think we're going to try and go out to a movie. I suggested to FI we check in to a hotel to sleep for a few hours instead, and I wasn't totally kidding. I can't believe what a crazy year we've had. You just never know when a trip to the liquor store is going to change your whole life!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Its 1am for me and so far the night isn't looking so good. ;(

(we breastfeed)

Siince about 9:30pm Ella has refused to eat pretty much and is just wanting held. I just attempted to feed her about 12:50 and she didn't want it. She just cried and cried. So instead I tried rocking her to calm her down and she fell asleep.

I feel terrible and am hoping its not her stupid thrush that is making her not want to eat. As I'm now worrying. Worried that she didn't eat enough, even though she had at least 10+ wet diapers today.  Then she's also making me think it could be gas. 

Then possibly it could be a growth spurt? She will be 2 months on Jan 9th .

Really hate not knowing what is wrong with her. ;( 

EDITED; I SO want to buy that book The Wonder Weeks. Wish it was on the Nook though so I could have ASAP  :P

• Options
    12:10 here. In what seems like a major accomplishment after hos evening antics this week, we got H to bed at 9:30 tonight. And he sort of took two naps tonight. Thankful for the white noise app! In a big step for me, I left him upstairs and used the baby monitor. Never thought I'd be such a nervous mom, but I guess you never know until you know.

Hope everyone has a good night with lots of sleep!

image   My chart 

• Options
    12:36 here in ks

Just got J asleep. We have been swaddling the past few night and he has been sleeping wonderfully. I hope he keeps it up.

Were suppose to be getting 3 to 6 inches of snow tomorrow so we're just going to stay in and watch movies. No sense in getting out in the first real snow of the season with drunks.

Ourfasttrackfamily.blogspot.com

• Options

I think D is going through a growth spurt.  He was clingy, fussy, and starving all day. He refused to sleep unless he was latched or snuggled so I am one tired momma.

I really envy you ladies and your long sleep sessions.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1:45. M slept for an hour and then woke up himself, DH and I with some super loud gas! LOL poor little guy. So now he's changed and wide awake... He was smiling and laughing on the changing table. Boys...
    Photobucket
    "For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him:"
  • Options
    1241 here and Cu woke me up to eat. While feeding him, both of my dogs decided they needed to go out. I remembered I needed to wash my pump parts before morning anyway so when I finished feeding, I got up. While walking to the kitchen I smelled dinner and remembered that I never put the spaghetti up...nevermind how strong the smell of dinner was...

Sooo I get to the kitchen and what do you know? I'd left the burner that my meat sauce was on on low....since about 6pm.

Glad it was just on low and nothing more serious happened.

Oh and I slept right through my alarm to take ny birth control. It's just another reminder that I should have gone with paraguard like I planned to from the beginning!

Goodnight!

• Options

11:22 and baby girl and I are all set up in the living room for a slumber party.  Dad's got a cold or the start of one and that means some major snoring... i gave it a try a watched sisterwives but since we went to bed early (9pm) baby girl started fussing for a bottle and I just decided the living room would be easier tonight.

Problem... our house is FREEZING so i have her in her rNP with a blanket on top and a ski hat on her head and socks on her hands ... and since i am a procrastinator I don't have an extra comforter (its locked in a hope chest that I cannot access without extra hands) all i have is a couch blanket for me.. so i have sweats a sweatshirt t shirt and a robe on... this scene is hilarious and I am so glad noone can see it

Well I'll probably be word vomiting a zillion posts tonight since I'll be playing online for hours........

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    imagecredcat7:

11:22 and baby girl and I are all set up in the living room for a slumber party.  Dad's got a cold or the start of one and that means some major snoring... i gave it a try a watched sisterwives but since we went to bed early (9pm) baby girl started fussing for a bottle and I just decided the living room would be easier tonight.

Problem... our house is FREEZING so i have her in her rNP with a blanket on top and a ski hat on her head and socks on her hands ... and since i am a procrastinator I don't have an extra comforter (its locked in a hope chest that I cannot access without extra hands) all i have is a couch blanket for me.. so i have sweats a sweatshirt t shirt and a robe on... this scene is hilarious and I am so glad noone can see it

Well I'll probably be word vomiting a zillion posts tonight since I'll be playing online for hours........

I hate it when the house is cold! I also hate it when I get too hot! Seems like we can't win. LOL 

I'll be up for awhile because I'm busy packing up the house to move. So much on our plate at the moment.  Were planning to be out sometime the first week or so of January. Since baby girl is sleeping in the room with her Dad I can finally get some more packing done. (I HOPE) 

• Options
    245 here. Noah slept for 3 hours and I got about 2.5 which is a huge improvement over last night. He has been fed, changed, and swaddled. I am rocking him and waiting for him to fall back asleep. He is almost there! 
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

here is what i have learned so far during my slumber party (12:10 here - went to bed at 9 but moved to the living room with the baby since dad is sick and snoring)

Kim Kardashian is preg

My living room seems warmer at night

my baby is so cute when she sleeps

Shas of sunset is just not a show I can get into

I like english breakfast tea alot

With noone to judge me i could eat non stop

Banana Nutella Panini - Mash 1 banana in a bowl. Take 2 slices of whole wheat bread and spread nutella, marshmallow fluff and the banana onto the bread. Toast on a panini maker or waffle iron till golden brown and crisp. drizzle with chocolate syrup and enjoy.

• Options
    imagecredcat7:
    here is what i have learned so far during my slumber party 12:10 here went to bed at 9 but moved to the living room with the baby since dad is sick and snoringKim Kardashian is pregMy living room seems warmer at nightmy baby is so cute when she sleepsShas of sunset is just not a show I can get intoI like english breakfast tea alot With noone to judge me i could eat non stop nbsp;Banana Nutella Panini Mash 1 banana in a bowl. Take 2 slices of whole
    wheat bread and spread nutella, marshmallow fluff and the banana onto
    the bread. Toast on a panini maker or waffle iron till golden brown and
    crisp. drizzle with chocolate syrup and enjoy.

Oh man that sounds so yummy!!! I wish I had some Nutella!
    Photobucket
  • Options

12:40 everyone is sleeping still ...except the cat.. he is taking a bath... its loud... and annoying.... i miss my bed

• Options
    3:00. Feeding Hallie. We went shopping yesterday to make returns amd exchanges. Me and DH are looking forward to two more days together before he returns to work. I have a feeling we'll stay snuggled up doing very little today and tomorrow.
  • Options
    Happy anniversary Ironmom!

It's just after 1 here and I just went to bed, I'm kinda sorta waiting to see whether baby will wake up to nurse. We're staying at SIL's house tonight and tomorrow. DD1 had a rough night tonight and has been up three times since she went to bed. The last time she woke up scared because she didn't know where she was. She hasn't been acting like herself tonight, I wouldn't be surprised if she's getting sick. We also had a really big day though so she could just be extra exhausted. I hope she does better the rest of the night.
  • Options

5:30 here. B bf at 8:30, 12,and 4:30. I was having a very realistic dream that B was a twin, but I forgot and only fed 1 of them...

NYE will be calm around here. We have some friends stopping by before they go to their fun, alcohol-filled parties. I plan to snuggle on the couch in my pj's with my little family tonight and try to stay awake to watch the ball drop.. But part of me hopes that we will fall asleep prior to the big countdown.

• Options
    Almost 630 here. I think we maybe in the midst of a growth spurt. After the one slightly longer stretch of sleep to start the night off, N has been up eating every 1.5-2 hours tonight. He has done fairly well about going back down after eating, but I am just good and asleep when he wakes again. I've still gotten way more sleep than the night before though. Hoping to go lay back down for a bit once he drifts off again......
  • Options
    imagekbl13:
    5:30 here. B bf at 8:30, 12,and 4:30. I was having a very realistic dream that B was a twin, but I forgot and only fed 1 of them...NYE will be calm around here. We have some friends stopping by before they go to their fun, alcoholfilled parties. I plan to snuggle on the couch in my pj's with my little family tonight and try to stay awake to watch the ball drop.. But part of me hopes that we will fall asleep prior to the big countdown.

Soo weird! I was having a dream that M was a twin tonight too! Not that I forgot to feed them though lol
    Photobucket
  • Options
    545 here...L just faked me out. I thought he was awake, so I go into his room and eyes are closed and he's perfectly still.

Now I'm laying here wondering if he's actually going to stay asleep long enough for me to go to sleep or if he's going to wake up as soon as I get comfy. Decisions....

Credcat....you are cracking me up! Hope you got some sleep. I hate when DH is snoring so loudly I need to leave the room.

Happy Anniversary Ironmom!

The twin dreams are weird, aren't they?

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • Options
    imagecredcat7:
    here is what i have learned so far during my slumber party 12:10 here went to bed at 9 but moved to the living room with the baby since dad is sick and snoringKim Kardashian is pregMy living room seems warmer at nightmy baby is so cute when she sleepsShas of sunset is just not a show I can get intoI like english breakfast tea alot With noone to judge me i could eat non stop nbsp;Banana Nutella Panini Mash 1 banana in a bowl. Take 2 slices of whole
    wheat bread and spread nutella, marshmallow fluff and the banana onto
    the bread. Toast on a panini maker or waffle iron till golden brown and
    crisp. drizzle with chocolate syrup and enjoy.

This was so funny, if I was Candace's LO I would have snorted breast milk! Your list reminds me of all of the great products I have learned about on TV during my leave:

Wax Vac
    Forever Lazy
    Forever Comfy
    That solar cell phone charger thing
    The green plated nonstick frying pan thing
    Skin tag remover

I'm sure there are more. One of the many ways that having a child enriches our lives in unexpected ways!

image   My chart 

• Options
    My LO actually slept 5 hours at one time last night!! I was so excited! Wish she would keep that up :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"