Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Sleep easy weaning question

So I am all geared up to do the sleep easy method on our house.....just waiting for DD to get over a cold.  BUT, I have a question about the weaning process.  She currently wakes 3x a night, but at no particular times.  She goes to sleep around 6:30, and then last night was up at 9, 12 and 5.  The previous night was 11,2 and 4.  How do I try and get her up before she wakes if I have no idea when she is going to wake??  I am think about just trying at 9, 12 and 3.  Thoughts?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sleep easy weaning question

• Options
    I'm not an expert but I just read the book and started last night. Does you LO need to eat when they wake or do they just wake? I think the book suggests dream feeding so maybe try that at 8:45 or so and then every few hours if they truly are hungry. If your LO is just crying, do the checkins after the 9 pm cry and then set an alarm at 11:45 or so to dream feed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My LO was like this too, with random waking times each night. He was waking and eating every 1-2ish hours. So, I set my alarm to go in and dreamfeed him every 2 hours. If he woke before the 2 hours, I let him cry back to sleep, then went in to feed. If your LO wakes at different times every night, just go by what it was last night and set up your dreamfeeds accordingly. Your plan sounds pretty good to me.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks!!  I actually can't wait to start and maybe, just maybe have more than 3 hours of sleep at a time!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"