March 2013 Moms
Options

Anyone else checking their registries?

I feel a bit naughty and guilty for it, but I must admit I check my registries every couple of days to see what people have purchased for me already. My amazon.com registry even lets me see who bought it. Just wondered if others do this too...
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Anyone else checking their registries?

• Options
    I do. No one's bought anything yet...but we haven't mailed out invites for shower either.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Options
    Guilty! :)  I did the same thing with my wedding registry.  It's too tempting for me not to look.  Plus, I add or delete things on my registry.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I will certainly be checking once invites go out. I have a few duplicate items (multiple reigstries due to family locations) and if something is purchased I will delete from another registry. Honestly, it will also help me prepare as the last few months go on, so I can snag things myself if a price reduces, etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We registered early because I didn't want to be doing it during the holiday rush or so late that it just plain tuckered me out.  I've been keeping an eye on things in the meanwhile just in the event that something is discontinued which is a distinct possibility.  My sister is AWFUL about it though.  She stalks mine and then tells me she's bummed nobody has bought anything!  We haven't even had invites go out for showers yet!  :-P
  • Options

imagewittyschaffy:
    I've been keeping an eye on things in the meanwhile just in the event that something is discontinued which is a distinct possibility.  

I did this. I noticed that the car seats I wanted from Target were out of stock online and only available in stores. I checked online to see if local stores had them in stock, and only one store did in the entire region. i couldn't find them anywhere else online either. I figure they are being discontinued for newer 2013 models or something. So I went to the store and bought them myself for fear nobody else would snatch them up in time. If they didn't have to match with the stroller and bases, etc., it wouldn't have been as big of a deal. So I dropped like $300+ on them and am hoping I might be able to "reimburse" myself later with some Target gift cards or money from the shower.

My shower is coming up in just a few weeks, and almost nothing has been purchased yet. I'm just hoping people are waiting til the last minute as opposed to everyone buying stuff not on the registry. I don't mean to be ungrateful, but we are really strapped for cash (especially with twins on the way!!) and there are certain things I NEED as opposed to lots of cutesy gifts that are more fun to buy. I realize a diaper pail, nipple cream, or a jumbo box of baby wipes aren't the most fun things to purchase for someone...but these are functional things I will need. I tried to limit the amount of "cute but unnecessary" stuff I put on my registries, knowing that those will probably be the first things snatched up, leaving the more utilitarian items behind.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The better question is: does anyone NOT check their registries? I would love to know :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    When I was pregnant with DS 1, I totally did this ;-) and I felt guilty too!

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Options
    imageBliss+Berry:

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I've seen a lot of posters complaining that very little was purchased off their registry. At the showers I've attended I would say it was about 70% clothes/30% registry. Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing ahead of time.  In all honesty, the shower shouldn't be relied on for providing for necessities for your children.  

Having JUST had my shower last week, I can confirm this. We got 4 items off our registry (only one of which could be considered a necessity) and the rest (a good 15+) was cute clothes or money/gift cards.

"Can I call your baby 'Ze Munchkin,' or 'ZM' for short?" - my best friend
  • Options
    imagemlrafiki:
    imageBliss+Berry:

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I've seen a lot of posters complaining that very little was purchased off their registry. At the showers I've attended I would say it was about 70% clothes/30% registry. Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing ahead of time.  In all honesty, the shower shouldn't be relied on for providing for necessities for your children.  

Having JUST had my shower last week, I can confirm this. We got 4 items off our registry (only one of which could be considered a necessity) and the rest (a good 15+) was cute clothes or money/gift cards.

i think this completely depends on your family, I knew from wedding shower and other family members our families are generous. My shower was dec 1 and we received all big ticket items, strollers, car seat, bases, bouncer, rock n play,pack n play, carrier, ect. We also got a lot of gift cards that cover most other essentials . You know your family and may have an idea what to expect. I am also having a girl and got a few clothes, but mostly registry items. Also surpsingly no diapers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My shower is the 5th and nothing is off my registry. I had 4 or 5 people tell me they are excited and have my gift. So I kbow I will get very few items I registered for.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I check mine and show that a few things have been bought already, but as far as I know I'm not having a shower. So I'm guessing its DH family buying a few things to give up as gifts since even with no shower. Since this is the first baby out of his cousins and DH doesn't have his parents any more they go a little crazy for us. My mom and grandma have gotten her clothes and toys already, things that aren't on the registry. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    I actually don't but its just because I like surprises :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I totally do but only on occasion.  My first shower isn't until mid January and so far the only "new" purchases are my diaper bag and the pnp.  The rest are stuff I already knew (my mom bought the crib and my MIL bought the stroller system)  

I did the same with my wedding registry too so I'm not too surprised I'm doing it again with the baby registry. :P  

BFP - 9/18/11 ----- m/c 9/23/11
    BFP - 7/16/12 ----- EDD 3/27/13  ----- Born 4/5/13
    BFP - 5/27/14 ----- EDD 1/31/14 or 2/4/15

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"