Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Diaper Allergies?

Is anyone having any potential issues with diaper allergies?

Baby has a rash that consists of tiny red raised dots..the rest of the skin isn't red. Its completely in the diaper area and I noticed today that it is also on her stomach where the diaper lining rubs.

We just started using Huggies Snug and dry in the past few weeks and i THINK it may be the cause because rash cream and yeast cream isn't helping. Just wondering if anyone has issues with this brand? I read that the blue liner is new.

PS: I am going to get different diapers today lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Diaper Allergies?

• Options
    DD had a terrible reaction to Luvs.  We like Huggies Little Snugglers the best.
    my read shelf:
    Erika's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Oct Angel Babies Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Could be heat rash.  The temp inside a diaper is something like 5 degrees hotter than outside. 

I've also read that the old style Huggies and some store brand diapers are the best brands to get if LO has a sensitivity because they generally have less or no perfumes. 

We started using cloth because LOs skin was always rashy in disposables.

image imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    2 of my 3 kids had reactions to Pampers Swaddlers, but we swictched to Pampers Baby Dry and the rash cleared up. The rash sounds exactly like the one you describe. I bet when you grab another brand the rash will go away.
    Mommy to Evelyn Clare born 6/23/07, Ryan Hansen born 12/10/09, and Charlotte Nicole born 11/1/12
  • Options
    Having the same issue here. Just as I am getting the rash undercontrol, it come back again full force. I switched 4 different creams and even used vasaline thinking she was allergic to the zinc oxide. Nothing! I have had her in Pampers. I went to the store today and bought some Huggies. We will see.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"