July 2012 Moms
Options

Anyone using regular towel instead of 'baby' towel for baths?

I only have one 'baby' hooded towel right now, but was wondering if I could just use a regular bath towel or hand towel(since they're smaller) for baths.

Is anyone planning on doing this/have done this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone using regular towel instead of 'baby' towel for baths?

• Options
    i hadn't thought about this, so, yep! regular towels will be used here! lol
  • Options
    oncoRNoncoRN member
    I'm sure a lot of people do this...I just happened to get a few baby ones from my shower
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We used regular towels and will continue to do so. There's no reason I can see to justify buying special towels for the baby. I'll give you that some of them are super cute but IMHO it's just more non-essential crap to waste money on. 
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • Options
    regular towels here...tho I do want to get some bamboo ones at some stage as they're super soft Smile
  • Options
    KarmBKarmB member
    we're using both. we got two bathrobes and one hooded towel, so i will use thos emainly, but babies ar ebabies and dirty things fast.

• Options

We love the hooded ones for toddlers because they just stay on them - my boys are very active wiggly kids - we've been using hooded towels for both their whole lives and my son is about to turn 5.

You can definitally get away w/ a regular towel, but if it falls off or you want more baby towels later - you can always get them.  Just see how it goes - no rush to have them right away and you'll get more presents once baby gets here.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Some of the baby towels are fine for a newborn but once they get a little bigger they get soaked once you put the baby on it.  Unless its as thick as a regular towel I wouldn't bother with too many and because they are for "baby" they tend to be over priced!! Just wash the towels in the baby detergent or any detergent that is hypoallergenic and dye and scent free because even the baby detergent is over priced because it says BABY on it!! 
    M:34 DH:33
    Married:10/10/09
    DD#1 05/06/2008
    DD#2 01/26/2011
    DD#3 07/13/2012
    TTC#4 Jan 2016 BFP 03/21/2016 Due 11/20/2016
  • Options
    I didn't register for any, but was given some as a shower gift. I didn't get a gift receipt, so I will keep them and use them. It wasn't really something I thought was needed. I did register for some baby wash cloths because I read on a post several months ago that they are able to get in the little crevices on baby's neck much easier then regular ones. I dunno...FTM. 
  • Options

We use hooded towels from Ikea.  I LOVE them.  They're regular towel material, but the shape and hood are great for toddlers.  

I got a couple of the specific "baby" hooded towels for DD#1 at my shower, but I didn't like them.  Too thin.

If you're interested, here's the Ikea kind I have:  https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30194836/

• Options
    imageMissMusic:

imagepeeper72:
    We used regular towels and will continue to do so. There's no reason I can see to justify buying special towels for the baby. I'll give you that some of them are super cute but IMHO it's just more non-essential crap to waste money on. 

I agree with this.  We were going to use regular ones but I got a few baby ones at my shower. I don't see a reason that a baby can't use a soft adult towel--its a freakin' towel!

Yes 

• Options
    We were at a baby class yesterday and watched the nurse bathe a 24 hour baby. She used a receiving blanket which seemed to work really well since you are pretty much sponge bathing the baby. They seem a lot softer than the regular baby towels we got, so we may use the receiving blankets for awhile, then move on to the towels.
  • Options

I have two toddlers now and love the larger hooded towels.  We have several from Kohl's that are animal themed and the kids love being wrapped up after the bath and pretending to be a frog, flower, dog or shark.  There are also little corner pockets where their hands go to help hold them on.  Once you have them lined up for lotion and pjs, keeping the towels on and kids warm is nice. 

We received several of the baby sized hooded towels but they outgrow those so fast.  I liked the bamboo or terry cloth ones as they do make some that are thin and soft but not absorbent.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Have a couple hooded baby ones but also went and bought regular sized ones for her, just in a different color than ours to keep them separated. Didn't go overboard as who knows what will work best!
  • Options
    We'll probably end up using regular towels some but we were given a TON of hooded baby/toddler towels at my work shower. Some are nice and thick like a normal towel and some are super thin. I'm guessing that the thin ones won't see much use...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"