Health & Exercise

Support belt help!

I am 35 weeks today and I have been wearing a support belt for the last several weeks because I was having intense abdominal stretching and pain. The support belt is really the only way I can be up and walking around for any extended period of time. This week I was laid up with a cold and spent a few days on the couch without it and noticed the baby turned head down (finally!) for a few days. However, since I have gone back to work and started wearing the support belt again, the babe has gone back to hanging out in the transverse (sideways) or oblique position. He/she is still really all over the place and isn't settling into any particular position yet.

I read somewhere that women with malpositioned babies shouldn't wear a support belt, however my midwife was the one who told me to wear it. She didn't seem super concerned 2 weeks ago when the baby was laying sideways at my appointment but I'm starting to get worried that I'm causing the baby to lay in the wrong position. Does anyone have any experience or advice using a support belt or with a malpositioned baby?

To give some background, I have scoliosis and see a chiropractor regularly for adjustments to keep myself in alignment. I believe the scoliosis is the reason I'm having so much abdominal stretching/pain from standing and it could be causing my hips/pelvis to be out of alignment too. I am active and exercise often to keep my back and body strong and have had no problems with maintaining my exercise regiment with the support belt.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"