Adoption
Options

Think I found my babys parents...

I'm not entirely sure what I should eb feeling right now, Theres not exactly a guide book onhow to feel when you find a family to give your baby to. Let me start from the begining me and Olivia were out christmas shopping the other day for her Memere and Pep! So as we are practically shoving our way throught he zillions of  grumpy people  gathered at the mall we bumped into one of Olivia's friends mother. Her daughter Mollie has DS just like Olivia, the funny thing is they have always been very similar we will see each other on mondays picking up the girls and she will tell me how Mollie finally said please or was able to count all the way to 30 on saturday and guess what Olivia would have done the same thing I find it very creepy!!

Anyways she is a sweet woemn and we got to talking and she mentioned that her and her husband were looking into adoption and had been matched with a baby that was due christmas day but it feel through the BM changed her mind.... They had been waiting for a match for 2 years before this one. Just things that really touched my heart. It may sound crazy but at that moment I could she her and her daughter her husband her older son, I could see them being apart of my life forever.....

I didnt want to talk about it at the mall in the throng of people and I didnt want to put her on the spot or make her feel uncomfortable, but I needed to know if this was something that only I was feeling or what. So I said lets do coffee tomorrow( This morning).

We had the coffee, we cried ALOT, We laughed, she swapped stories, and likes and dislikes, We talked names, relationships everything.

So long story short..... I think I found the parents! :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Think I found my babys parents...

• Options
    Oh my goodness!!! Amazing!!
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    How awesome! That gave me goosebumps!!!

TTC since March 2010, BFP #1 11.09.10, ectopic, m/c 12.14.10 (10w)
    Clomid + TI=BFN, IUIs 1-6= BFN
    Application for domestic adoption submitted 4/18/12, matched 8/12/12, DD born 10/31/12

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Such a great story..so happy for you and the adoptive parents-to-be!
    Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Oh congrats.  It's a beautiful thing you are doing by choosing adoption for your LO.  It's a truly UNselfish thing to do and you must love her very much to give her this wonderful opportunity for what sounds like a great family.

• Options
    Amazing.  So happy for you, that is so wonderful : )

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    Such a beautiful story!  Thanks for sharing :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This is, hands-down, one of the best stories I've heard EVER regarding adoption. WONDERFUL! You were all placed in each others' lives for a reason. So happy for all of you.
    :::FOLLOW MY HALF MARATHON TRAINING:::

:::Our Adoption Journey:::

Evan James was born 1/24/13 and matched with us 2/20/13. The LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!
  • Options

imageraecheleblue1:
    How awesome! That gave me goosebumps!!!

This, i hope everything works out as planned for all of you.  GL.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• Options
    Wow, that sounds amazing. Best of luck to you!
    Adoption Blog Updated 2/15
  • Options
    That. is amazing.  Wow! I don't know what emotions you should be feeling either but I am almost crying just reading this!

TTC September 2010 thru October 2011
    SA February 2011: Normal
    RE App. October 2011 - Recc. Clomid and IUI

Taking a break from TTC to pursue adoption

Met our 2 year old son in Russia July 2012!
    Court trip October 2012
    Home November 24 2012!

Back to RE Summer 2013. TTC journey continues: 

Dx DOR, endometriosis, low sperm count 
    Clomid + IUI#1, #2 = BFN / IUI #3 = ???

Laparoscopy scheduled December 2013

Adding a Burden
  • Options
    Love it! That's a lot like how I met my birthson's parents. It's so nice to have the APs be people you like and are friends with.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    Application approved Dec '11
    Mar '12: Homestudy interrupted by change in Uganda requirements - where do we go from here?
    After searching and searching, back with Uganda but with our homestudy agency's program.
    Homestudy complete July 19
    USCIS I-600A submitted July 20. Biometrics appointments arrived Aug 17; fingerprinted Aug 21; 171H received Sept 25th. On the wait list Oct 1st: #18. By Jan 25th, we're #13!
    Come home, baby A!
  • Options
    How wonderful! 
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It sounds like this was meant to be!  Very happy for you both!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"