Postpartum Depression

Anybody taking Lexapro

Hello!

I just started Lexapro for anxiety it has been about three days and so far I'm not too sure how I'm feeling. I know these medications take a few weeks to take effect. Can anybody share their experiences taking this medication? The best of luck to everybody!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anybody taking Lexapro

• I was on Lexapro & it took about 2 weeks to notice any difference and 6 weeks for the full effects to start.  Good luck, hang in there & ask your Dr for some Xanax to take until the Lexapro starts to work.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I started lexapro about a week after my daughter was born. I started feeling it "kick in" after about a week, and by two weeks I was feeling pretty normal again.

I started taking lexapro again when I was about 5 weeks pregnant, and it did take longer to kick in this time (about a month) but I think that's because of all the hormones and changes going on in my body.

I will say, lexapro always makes me feel worse before I feel better. Hang in there. Waiting is always the hardest.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Loading the player...
  • I was also on it for about 6 months. I noticed a difference after 2 weeks but like PP said it really takes a good month for it to start taking full affect. One side effect I suffered from was increase in appetite. I ended up gaining 20lbs in about 3 months which is a lot for me.

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"