Natural Birth
Options

XP: slow leak in waters?

Has anyone had a slow leak in in amniotic fluid? What was it like?

Last night after dinner, I stood up and felt a little gush. I went to the bathroom and my underwear was very wet, but not enough to be my "water breaking." It barely went through to my pants (Sorry if TMI). This happened at one other point before bed last night. Now I just woke up around 3 am and had the same thing happen. If it was my water, would it be more often than 3 gushes over a 7 hour period? I was in bed probably from 11-3 during that time. 

I am probably going to call the doc anyways and I am sure they'll have me go get checked out at the hospital, but I am going to wait until morning and hubby is up.
1 Baby Girl 12/28/12 
#2 due 11/28/14
2 Angel Babies 9/11, 2/12

Re: XP: slow leak in waters?

• Options
    That sounds like a slow leak.  When I went into labor I was laying on the couch and felt a weird pop.  I got up and a small gush of fluid came out.  I knew it was not pee but I only had one small gush.  Fortunately my contractions started right away so I did not notice any other gushes of fluid (my water really broke @ 8 hours later).  I asked my OB and doula about the gush and the pop.  They think it was a rupture in the membrane up high and when I was laying down it allowed the fluid to gush out but when I was up and moving around the tear was essentially "plugged".  You should call the OB or MW and see what they want you to do. 
  • Options

My water didn't break in a huge gush when I went into labor, it leaked slowly in small gushes. Enough to change my underwear, but not enough to soak my pants or anything. 2 days later I had DD

Edit: Also I had about 3 gushes in 15 minutes if that helps and lost everything really slowly throughout the 2 days of labor. 

Mommy to Emery Vera 5.20.12  Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had that and it ended up being urine for me. Midwife said to empty my bladder, put on fresh underwear, and do some lunges. If my underwear got really wet it was the waters. I had an appt the next day and they tested.... Just urine. Pregnancy is so glamorous.....
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had a small leak at about 5.30pm, not much, but enough to soak through a pad in a couple of hours. Contractions started at about 1am, I never had a big gush, and dd (my first) was born at 7.30am. 

• Options
    False alarm. Nothing else all day. I've had watery discharge while pregnant and I think it was just a lot of that. Darn... was hoping things were moving along!
    1 Baby Girl 12/28/12 
    #2 due 11/28/14
    2 Angel Babies 9/11, 2/12

• Options
    Reading this late, just wanted to say that it sounds like a "high leak".  That's what it was like for me, a tablespoon or two at time every few hours, usually a minute or two after I finished going to the bathroom.  For me it increased in amount over the next day, then the following night labor started.  According to the book "Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way" they can sometimes seal themselves back up and you continue on as if nothing happened until you go into labor later.  If it was this, maybe yours sealed back up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"