November 2011 Moms
Options

Gifts from LO to Dad - anyone doing this? Ideas?

I was just thinking about needing to get something for DH from DD.  Has anyone done anything creative?  Or bought something good?  I was thinking a 'daddy/baby' book or something, but it just seems so obvious. 

Any good ideas you've heard of?

Are you even doing a gift from LO to Dad this year? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Gifts from LO to Dad - anyone doing this? Ideas?

• Options
    I'm kind of working on it ... My plan is a three opening pic frame with his three fave pics of DD and put some scrapbook stickers on it saying daddy's little girl or something like that...we'll see if I can make it work.  I can't come up with anything else unless I took more pics of her holding letters to spell DAD.  Too much effort and not enough time at this point, maybe next year!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We're not doing anything like that. DH and I buy each other gifts, and DS can pick things out when he's actually able to pick things out.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would rather wait until she is old enough to pick something out herself. FI and I also aren't getting each other gifts this year since we are low on money and would rather spend it all on DD.
  • Options

imageSteph_whalen5@yahoo.com:
    I'm kind of working on it ... My plan is a three opening pic frame with his three fave pics of DD and put some scrapbook stickers on it saying daddy's little girl or something like that...we'll see if I can make it work.  I can't come up with anything else unless I took more pics of her holding letters to spell DAD.  Too much effort and not enough time at this point, maybe next year!  

I was going to do this, but didn't get around to it. Father's Day gift instead. :-) Nothing from DD this year.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    DS is getting him a watch that DH picked out. Last year I did do the coffee mug with his handprints and I'm glad I did that.

As he gets older, he will obviously be more into the picking out gifts but right now, it's my call!

• Options

I just got DH's today... picked out my favorite picture of him and LO when LO was a NB. Then got a frame with matting for like $5 at home goods. I took the matting out and had LO fingerpaint on the matting. I will see if I can write Christmas 2012 in the corner somewhere... if not then on the back. It's something cheap and it's the first time LO has done fingerpainting so I know DH will appreciate it. +

• Options
    imagemama&baby:

I just got DH's today... picked out my favorite picture of him and LO when LO was a NB. Then got a frame with matting for like $5 at home goods. I took the matting out and had LO fingerpaint on the matting. I will see if I can write Christmas 2012 in the corner somewhere... if not then on the back. It's something cheap and it's the first time LO has done fingerpainting so I know DH will appreciate it. +

That is such a cute idea! I might steal this, if you don't mind M&B.
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagegracefulruby33:
    imagemama&baby:

That is such a cute idea! I might steal this, if you don't mind M&B.

Sure no problem-- I like to share! I felt like I had to do something creative from LO after all those cool homemade gift ideas yesterday!

• Options
    I don't know about christmas because DH's birthday was earlier this week and we did a fingerpainting. We also did one for fathers day and did the dad letters pics.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"