October 2016 Moms
Options

Reasons I Smiled Today - April Edition

2»

Re: Reasons I Smiled Today - April Edition

• Options
    I'm keeping a positive outlook- After him not even attempting to drink last weekend despite being surrounded by his family at the lake for the holiday weekend, I'm awfully proud of him and feeling hopeful and optimistic. He also opened up about being burnt out and miserable at work, so we sat down and figured out what our options were, and now he is enrolling back in school in the fall, and we'll both alternate part time jobs so we're both working, but somebody will always be home with the kids.
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid I'm one of three kids and my parents both worked for all of our childhoods - my dad worked days and my mom worked nights.  None of us ever felt neglected or like we didn't get enough time with either parent.  We are all so close with both of my parents and each other still and have fond memories of hanging with mom during the day and dad for dinner and bed.  I don't know if that's a worry of yours, but I thought it might be nice to hear just in case.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@kgridley27 I'm glad to hear that.  H and I do the opposite schedule thing so at least one of us is home with S. 

So before I post in the BF thread because I definitely have one, I want to say that I love how happy S is in the morning when she wakes up.  When I go in her room, turn on the lights, and say "Good Morning", she gets so excited and can't stop smiling :)

• Options
    @Kgridley27 I AM happy to hear that, and I've been thinking- Maybe the kids having time alone with dad will be good for everybody. Them AND him, I think it would make time with him more intimate and special for them. :)
  • Options

@AllyTheKid trust me, it WILL be great for everybody!  My dad is not an emotional or sympathetic person at all - he's a wallflower and grew up in a "never say I love you" sort of environment.  Having that time with him was really what helped us all truly bond in our own way.  I only realizing this looking back, of course, but I think had he not had the opportunity to be the sole caretaker we probably would have had a very different relationship now.  I'm tearing up just thinking about it!

@Ladybug2821, same goes.  S will totally benefit from having one-on-one time with you guys on such a consistent basis.  She's a lucky girl!

• Options
    Ladybug2821Ladybug2821 member
    edited June 2017
    S has started making this funny face. It cracks me up every time. Where does she get this from?? 
  • Options
    That is too funny :D
  • Options
    I'm smiling because my babies have been sick for the last month it seems, and they are finally all better!
    And Johnny's little personality is shining right through, he is such a funny little guy <3
  • Options
    I took pics of S and H on Father's Day of her giving him a kiss and then touching their foreheads together. Every time I look at them I smile. 
  • Options
    Johnny has his bottom two teeth now, and his smile has gone from adorable to melt-your-heart precious <3