Adoption
Options

Ladies! I need a fun post! Here's one!

I'm having a really tough day, and so I am gonna start a FUN non-adoption related get-to-know-you post. Please make me smile!

1) What is your favorite TV show/movie of all time (you've seen them all, can watch it over and over again and quote lines from it)?

2) What would you call yourself if you could choose your own name? 

3) If you had to do a Fear-Factor challenge (you have to eat insects/grubs etc) what would be the worst thing you had to eat?

4) Whats the worst/most embarassing CD/Album you've ever owned and do you still have it? 

5) Your favorite item of clothing and why? 

6) What was the last thing you ate that you really shouldn't have?

7) What did you want to be when you were little and do you think you ever will be?

:::FOLLOW MY HALF MARATHON TRAINING:::

:::Our Adoption Journey:::

Evan James was born 1/24/13 and matched with us 2/20/13. The LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!

Re: Ladies! I need a fun post! Here's one!

• Options
    imageMush-Tastic:

I'm having a really tough day, and so I am gonna start a FUN non-adoption related get-to-know-you post. Please make me smile!

1) What is your favorite TV show/movie of all time (you've seen them all, can watch it over and over again and quote lines from it)? Friends

2) What would you call yourself if you could choose your own name?  I like my name but I would keep my maiden name if I could

3) If you had to do a Fear-Factor challenge (you have to eat insects/grubs etc) what would be the worst thing you had to eat?  Anything that crawls

4) Whats the worst/most embarassing CD/Album you've ever owned and do you still have it?  Barry Manilow's Greatest Hits

5) Your favorite item of clothing and why?  Jeggings right now-my weight has been going up and down like crazy and it hides that nicely

6) What was the last thing you ate that you really shouldn't have? Just now a petit four and I am trying to be so good becasue of what I ate last weekend.

7) What did you want to be when you were little and do you think you ever will be? A mom, and yes I fully expected to be.

Love this. I need it too Wink

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

1. The Princess Bride. I almost quoted it at choir practice last night

2. Loretta ;)

3. Brains of any type

4. Probably my Cutting Crew album, and yes, I still have it. On vinyl

5. I have this orange knit sweater that it getting old and slighty ratty, but I reach for it all fall and winter

6. My entire lunch. Sweet and sour chicken and fries. Lots of fried stuff

7. When I was 8 I wanted to be an archaeologist. Not gonna happen. At 15 I switched to biologist and I technically still am one

• Loading the player...
  • Options

1) What is your favorite TV show/movie of all time (you've seen them all, can watch it over and over again and quote lines from it)?

Big Bang Theory. I have a sick/amazing obsession with that show.  My next dog will be named Dr. Cooper.

I dunno, but I would probably want to have a cool Super Hero name

3) If you had to do a Fear-Factor challenge (you have to eat insects/grubs etc) what would be the worst thing you had to eat?

HE!!!!!!!! NO. I would not eat anything that creeps, crawls, slithers, nothing. eewwww

4) Whats the worst/most embarrassing CD/Album you've ever owned and do you still have it? 

Neil Diamond's Greatest Hits. We took a trip as a kid and they played that tape over and over. Since then I have a secret love of Neil Diamond.

A long sleeved T I got on vacation. It's the best sleep shirt ever.  If flip flops were clothing I would say those since I live in the South and wear them everyday.

Oh, probably everything. Last night we made Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti. I saw it on Pinterest. 

7) What did you want to be when you were little and do you think you ever will be?

Stand up comedian. I couldn't be now because I do not like crowds of people. I am still super funny though. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

1) What is your favorite TV show/movie of all time (you've seen them all, can watch it over and over again and quote lines from it)?   M*A*S*H

2) What would you call yourself if you could choose your own name? I'd probably go by my maiden name among friends.  I do that now, anyway.  But it wouldn't work as a real first name.

3) If you had to do a Fear-Factor challenge (you have to eat insects/grubs etc) what would be the worst thing you had to eat?  Anything alive and moving

4) Whats the worst/most embarassing CD/Album you've ever owned and do you still have it?   Maneater.  It's somewhere, on tape.

5) Your favorite item of clothing and why?  My travel pants.  They are knit, black, pull-on, boot-cut pants that don't wrinkle and are machine washable.  They never lose their shape and are business casual.  I own way too many pairs and wear them way too often.

6) What was the last thing you ate that you really shouldn't have?  Too much of the chocolate decadence that my husband received in a gift basket (it's like the center of a really good truffle without the hard outer shell)

7) What did you want to be when you were little and do you think you ever will be?  I will never be a  veterinarian, but there's still a chance on that whole famous singer thing....  ;-P*

• Options

Where the Heart Is - I can recite whole scenes of it : )

I always wanted my name to be Laura when I was little.

Shrimp or anything with that consistency - I hate it, so I guess the worst thing would be live shrimp!

4) Whats the worst/most embarassing CD/Album you've ever owned and do you still have it?

I have two Spice Girls CDs and one Hanson CD.  I did finally let go of my Celine Dion CD with "My Heart Will Go On" Embarrassed

I love my Old Navy tank tops, I wear them year-round either as layers or on their own in the summer.  I have practically ever color.

OMG, we had Christmas with FIL on Monday night and he gave us a huge bag of chocolate - so I just had 2 Ghirardelli squares, 3 Turtles and 1 pack of Pez after lunch.  Sooo bad, I know.

A marine biologist - definately not! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options

1) What is your favorite TV show/movie of all time (you've seen them all, can watch it over and over again and quote lines from it)? Hard to pick one, but given the season, I really love the movie Elf!  As for TV, I have watched every episode of Friends about a million times and somehow it never seems to get old.

2) What would you call yourself if you could choose your own name? Hmm, I'm not sure.  

3) If you had to do a Fear-Factor challenge (you have to eat insects/grubs etc) what would be the worst thing you had to eat? Centipedes or really anything in the "pedes" family

4) Whats the worst/most embarassing CD/Album you've ever owned and do you still have it? Mixed cds I made when I was in middle/high school.  When I listen to some, DH can't believe some of the songs I put on them.

5) Your favorite item of clothing and why? Any of my pjs!

6) What was the last thing you ate that you really shouldn't have? I'm eating a chocolate chip cookie as I fill this out, ha.

7) What did you want to be when you were little and do you think you ever will be? A veterinarian.  I will never be this because I cannot handle the sight of injured animals..wouldn't work so well. 

Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1) What is your favorite TV show/movie of all time (you've seen them all, can watch it over and over again and quote lines from it)? I have TV/movie amnesia- like can't remember how movies end that I have seen multiple times.  So the whole quoting TV/movies will never happen for me!  But I love Army Wives, Grey's Anatomy and Real World/Road Rules Challenges (guilty pleasure).

2) What would you call yourself if you could choose your own name? I would call myself the same name uh-lee-suh, which is how you pronounce my current name Elissa.  But I would spell it Elisa, so that people had a shot at pronouncing it correctly!

3) If you had to do a Fear-Factor challenge (you have to eat insects/grubs etc) what would be the worst thing you had to eat?  I don't even eat raw sushi, so any of this would never happen

4) Whats the worst/most embarassing CD/Album you've ever owned and do you still have it? I remember owning a Minnie Mouse CD in middle school that I listened to all.the.time.  But then my brother (aka cheap DJ) played it at my birthday party and I was mortified!

5) Your favorite item of clothing and why? I bought this pajama cardigan and have been LOVING it! 

6) What was the last thing you ate that you really shouldn't have? The brownie bites I had for breakfast. Embarrassed Stupid Xmas goodies being delivered to the office.  

7) What did you want to be when you were little and do you think you ever will be?  Doctor or Guide Dog trainer.  Doctor isn't going to happen because I pass out anytime I see blood!  Guide Dog trainer isn't going to happen on a full-time basis, but DH and I talk about raising puppies for a Guide Dog school at some point in the future.  I raised 10 Guide Dog puppies growing up.

• Options

Ack I can't do just 1--- any of the harry potters, I can go line for line, also can for Elf, and for The Trouble With Angels

I really like my name. So I'd keep it. 

you lost me at fear factor. I don't do fear. I do risk, I do danger, I do adventure, I don't do fear.

I don't have any anymore. But I'll cop to NKOTB the first 3 albums.

Yoga pants. Not any specific pair- but I love my yoga pants. I do yoga daily and I go to between 2-5 classes a week. So I live in my yoga pants. 

I really firmly believe that identifying "things we shouldn't eat"  is harmful to our body images and feeds into a culture that is laden with diet speak.

I wanted to be first oboeist with the NY Philharmonic. Never gonna happen but have an amazing alternate career.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

1) What is your favorite TV show/movie of all time (you've seen them all, can watch it over and over again and quote lines from it)?ELF!!! SANTA!!! I KNOW HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2) What would you call yourself if you could choose your own name? I've always liked the name Corinne. Not sure why.

3) If you had to do a Fear-Factor challenge (you have to eat insects/grubs etc) what would be the worst thing you had to eat? Any sort of moving thing that's alive. I mean seriously...or has a shell. Oh god! Could you imagine the crunch?!?!?!

4) Whats the worst/most embarassing CD/Album you've ever owned and do you still have it? I have a best of Barry Manilow cassette tape. Still have it. Loved it when I was in college. Not even joking.

5) Your favorite item of clothing and why? I used to be a HS band director and I have a grey hoodie with the school's mascot on it that I LOVE. It's my favorite "comfort" piece.

6) What was the last thing you ate that you really shouldn't have? Those Christmas cookies my coworker brought on huge platters at work yesterday. I had a TON of them.

7) What did you want to be when you were little and do you think you ever will be?So when I was younger I used to play "doctor's office" and I was always the front desk person who checked in patients and handled all the charts. My stuffed animals were always the doctor and the patients. Funny thing is...I am now a nursing unit coordinator that sets up all the admissions, discharges, and makes sure the doctor's orders are carried out for my unit. I literally used to pretend/play the role I have in my job! Crazyness.

:::FOLLOW MY HALF MARATHON TRAINING:::

:::Our Adoption Journey:::

Evan James was born 1/24/13 and matched with us 2/20/13. The LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!
  • Options
    imageMush-Tastic:

1) What is your favorite TV show/movie of all time (you've seen them all, can watch it over and over again and quote lines from it)?  Seinfeld  (a good go-to line:  Elaine "Ugh.  I hate people.")  and Sixteen Candles (a good go-to line ("You wanna know what happened?  Buy the book.")

2) What would you call yourself if you could choose your own name?   Geez.. I can't even imagine. I'll think on it.

3) If you had to do a Fear-Factor challenge (you have to eat insects/grubs etc) what would be the worst thing you had to eat?  I don't know if I could do it... I really thikn this would be my downfall on a show like this.

4) Whats the worst/most embarassing CD/Album you've ever owned and do you still have it? Something by Jon Secada.  

5) Your favorite item of clothing and why?  Right now, I am obsessed w/the Starfish line from Lands End. Basically upscale sweats.. comfy but something you can wear out.  Very mom-ish!

6) What was the last thing you ate that you really shouldn't have?  Baklava... yum!

7) What did you want to be when you were little and do you think you ever will be?  School bus driver.  Nope!

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Options
    imageMush-Tastic:

1) What is your favorite TV show/movie of all time (you've seen them all, can watch it over and over again and quote lines from it)? I love Bones!

2) What would you call yourself if you could choose your own name? I actually really like my name. :)

3) If you had to do a Fear-Factor challenge (you have to eat insects/grubs etc) what would be the worst thing you had to eat?Spiders! Or something that stinks.

4) Whats the worst/most embarassing CD/Album you've ever owned and do you still have it? For you Christian girls, I still rock out to Plus 1...

5) Your favorite item of clothing and why? Scarfs! I am very obsessed with them.

6) What was the last thing you ate that you really shouldn't have? Chocolate cake at snack time...

7) What did you want to be when you were little and do you think you ever will be? A nurse/missionary. I have contemplated going to nursing school, and becoming a midwife. Also, my husband is a youth pastor so close enough to a missionary! 

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

1) What is your favorite TV show/movie of all time (you've seen them all, can watch it over and over again and quote lines from it)? Friends or SATC

2) What would you call yourself if you could choose your own name? Sophia

3) If you had to do a Fear-Factor challenge (you have to eat insects/grubs etc) what would be the worst thing you had to eat? Anything bug related

4) Whats the worst/most embarassing CD/Album you've ever owned and do you still have it? Mariah Carey

5) Your favorite item of clothing and why? my college hoodie

6) What was the last thing you ate that you really shouldn't have? mac n cheese

7) What did you want to be when you were little and do you think you ever will be?An author or psychologist (Yes, a psychologist) I'm a SW, so pretty close.  Don't know if I'll ever write a book though

Adoption Blog Updated 2/15
  • Options

Great idea!

1) What is your favorite TV show/movie of all time (you've seen them all, can watch it over and over again and quote lines from it)? I can't watch anything more than twice b/c I get bored but my favorite show of all time is probably Law & Order SVU. Never get sick of watching it!

2) What would you call yourself if you could choose your own name? Never thought about this before! My parents went back and forth between Jillian and Jocelyn and I've always thought it would have been great to be named Jocelyn and go by "Jo."

3) If you had to do a Fear-Factor challenge (you have to eat insects/grubs etc) what would be the worst thing you had to eat? Maggots. No question. I puked in my mouth just thinking about it. 

4) Whats the worst/most embarassing CD/Album you've ever owned and do you still have it? I don't know if you remember the girl band "Dream" but I loved them. I don't have the CD anymore though.

5) Your favorite item of clothing and why? Scarves because they make any boring outfit look instantly better.

TTC September 2010 thru October 2011
    SA February 2011: Normal
    RE App. October 2011 - Recc. Clomid and IUI

Taking a break from TTC to pursue adoption

Met our 2 year old son in Russia July 2012!
    Court trip October 2012
    Home November 24 2012!

Back to RE Summer 2013. TTC journey continues: 

Dx DOR, endometriosis, low sperm count 
    Clomid + IUI#1, #2 = BFN / IUI #3 = ???

Laparoscopy scheduled December 2013

Adding a Burden
  • Options

1) What is your favorite TV show/movie of all time (you've seen them all, can watch it over and over again and quote lines from it)? friends, we own all the seasons and watch a few episodes every night.

2) What would you call yourself if you could choose your own name? I like my name and like my married name too!

3) If you had to do a Fear-Factor challenge (you have to eat insects/grubs etc) what would be the worst thing you had to eat? spiders I hate them.

4) Whats the worst/most embarassing CD/Album you've ever owned and do you still have it? probably leann rimes inspiration songs from when she was like 14

5) Your favorite item of clothing and why? my jeans from maurices I wear a pair every day.

6) What was the last thing you ate that you really shouldn't have? right now, peppermint bark.

wanted to be a horse trainer... I was for a while, now a photographer.

• Options

Probably Robin Hood (the Disney version). DH and I brought it with us on our honeymoon. 

I really love my name: Michelle.  

I would literally (as in not figuratively) rather die than eat a big spider. The only way you'd get me to is to threaten the life of my child. DH can fend for himself in that situation. 

I'm not sure if NSYNC or Hanson is worse. DH would say Ace of Base is the worst, but he is mistaken. Ace of Base was awesome. 

I'm not sure I have one right now... sad. 

I had half a Dr. Pepper at like 5. I hope I sleep tonight! 

I remember when I was very young I wanted to talk with animals. as a job...? And then I wanted to open a store where I sold everything for the same price that I got it for. Obviously this was before I really understood money (and that you need to make some to have food and shelter and such).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    Application approved Dec '11
    Mar '12: Homestudy interrupted by change in Uganda requirements - where do we go from here?
    After searching and searching, back with Uganda but with our homestudy agency's program.
    Homestudy complete July 19
    USCIS I-600A submitted July 20. Biometrics appointments arrived Aug 17; fingerprinted Aug 21; 171H received Sept 25th. On the wait list Oct 1st: #18. By Jan 25th, we're #13!
    Come home, baby A!
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"