January 2013 Moms
Options

Pumping question. Might be dumb.

So Im definitely making colostrum, should I start pumping now, just in case (God forbid) something happen and me not be able to breastfeed? So at least she could get that first bit?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Pumping question. Might be dumb.

• Options

No, I wouldn't pump now.  Pumping can stimulate contractions.

Also, anything can happen, but I would be super surprised if you're producing colostrum now, but won't be at time of birth.  I wouldn't worry about it.  

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    No, I would not pump now.
    Lilypie - (eo79)
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    NO!!!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    you wouldn't get enough to make it useful anyway.
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
  • Options
    No, u could cause yourself to go into early Labor. when u have ur baby u will have enough colostrum for him/her. It is such a small amount the first few days, it takes about 3 days for your body start producing a steay amount. Our body's are so smart, they know exactly when and how much to supply. It will all work out, I would suggest talking to a lactation nurse before and taking nursing classes if this is ur first time nursing. It can be cry frustrating for FTM and a that is why some give up trying. It's so worth it though. I nursed my son till he was 14 months old and he did not get sick hardly at during that time, my friends who used formulas babies were sick all the time. 
    I ended up being a December 2012 mama. I was due jan. 17th but she decided she wanted to be here to welcome in the new year, lol Big brother loves her. He pointed at her and said that my sissy. River Grantly Mason 12/20/2010 Zoey Lea Mason 12/29/2012
  • Options
    Thanks, I didn't even think about it stimulating contractions. I knew there had to be a reason I just couldn't figure out what it was.

To the pp whomentioned it, I am taking a class next month. I didn't nurse my son tried but it just didn't work out so I'm really gung ho about making it work for this baby.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagesbevmc09:

Also, anything can happen, but I would be super surprised if you're producing colostrum now, but won't be at time of birth.  I wouldn't worry about it.  

ITA with this.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

image==N==:
    Thanks, I didn't even think about it stimulating contractions. I knew there had to be a reason I just couldn't figure out what it was. To the pp whomentioned it, I am taking a class next month. I didn't nurse my son tried but it just didn't work out so I'm really gung ho about making it work for this baby.

Good to hear. I wish I would have before I had my DS, because I was so overwhelmed when they threw him at me in the hospital. It was like "here start nursing, oh and good luck" hehe. Good luck with it, it is so worth it  

I ended up being a December 2012 mama. I was due jan. 17th but she decided she wanted to be here to welcome in the new year, lol Big brother loves her. He pointed at her and said that my sissy. River Grantly Mason 12/20/2010 Zoey Lea Mason 12/29/2012
  • Options
    imagesbevmc09:

This.

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"