Health & Exercise
Options

Did you know it was your "last run?"

So, I'm 19w and have been having issues running ever since the BFP. before getting pregnant, I was running 3-4 times a week, about 15-20 miles per week. I only do about 3 runs per week and just 6-12 miles and am much slower. Totally healthy pregnancy and OK'd by the doctor to run. I can only run on loops I know have porta-potties or on a  treadmill, thanks to always having to go :)

For you veterans: did you *just know* when you were enjoying your last run? Or was it all going well until one day your body just wasn't feeling it? I'm curious as to what to expect!

Re: Did you know it was your "last run?"

• Options
    My last run was at 39 weeks, 2 days and I had no idea it was my last day.  I went to the doctor that afternoon for my 39 week appointment and got sent over to the hospital for an induction.  I actually was expecting I'd be running for another week at least!
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I was around 32w and started having pains lasting longer than they should. I wasn't enjoying my last run and it wasn't feeling good so I pretty much knew that was my body's way of telling me it was time to stop. 

No lie, I cried when it was over knowing it was probably done. But, I think it has made starting back up that much better.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wish I knew that my last run would have been my last -- I would have enjoyed it more. :( I haven't been able to run since around 6 weeks. It's been way too uncomfortable for me (I have a tipped uterus, so it is literally resting on my bladder...yikes). I had signed up for a 1/2 to run at 11 weeks, but had to give my bib to someone else since it's not doable. I am itching to run again -- going from running all the time to not running at all is killing me!
  • Options

imageadeller11:
    I wish I knew that my last run would have been my last -- I would have enjoyed it more. :( I haven't been able to run since around 6 weeks. It's been way too uncomfortable for me (I have a tipped uterus, so it is literally resting on my bladder...yikes). I had signed up for a 1/2 to run at 11 weeks, but had to give my bib to someone else since it's not doable. I am itching to run again -- going from running all the time to not running at all is killing me!

This was me too.  I had to stop only a few weeks after finding out I was pregnant with #2.  It was just so uncomfortable that it wasn't worth it, as sad as I was to stop.  I can't wait to start back up again!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I knew it was my last run when I got home and had cramping and bright red bloody discharge at 13 weeks. I wish it weren't but my OB/GYN told me I would be compromising my pregnancy if I continued. Just wasn't worth it to me. I can't wait to get back to running again once this LO is here, though!

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

• Options
    I knew it was my last run, because I made the decision then and there to not run after that. Too much pain in my shins! It was a 5k race, which I literally ran on my toes because even a mid-foot strike hurt. Compartment syndrome sucks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I knew it was ---22 weeks and my body could not do it anymore.  I had a lot of pelvic pain, and that was the end of that! 
  • Options
    I will say that you will have easy days and hard days.  I had some tough runs but kept at it and my last run was 41w3d with my first (went to be induced the next day) and 39w5d with my second as my RCS was the next morning.  Don't give up after a tough run because the next time you go out it might be a lot better.  What kept me motivated is knowing that I'd have to take a month off after delivering and I didn't want it any longer than that so I just kept running throughout my pregnancies. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"