December 2010 Moms
Options

Bedtime in a Big Bed

My little guy was perfectly sleep trained from 6 months-20 months.  Then he learned to climb out of his crib!!  This past week, he decided he HATED his crib and we ended up getting a new twin bed.  Even though we followed all of the "rules" about transitioning to a BBB, and he is super excited about the bed....he still doesn't WANT to stay in bed.  After nights of batteling for 3 hours, I started laying down with him until he falls asleep (and sneaking out).  This means my H and I no longer have any time together in the evenings and that I have no time to myself (I work full time during the day).  I also feel like people at work are silently judging me for laying down with him at night.  Some have even said "don't do that for too long..."  I really feel helpless here.  Is it wrong to lay with your not even 2 year old as they fall asleep.  I could only try the super nanny trick of returning him to his bed for 3 hours before losing my freaking mind!!! 

imageimage

Re: Bedtime in a Big Bed

• Options
    You def have to do what's best for you. If you want to transition out, can you try sitting next to his bed instead of laying down? This is how a friend of mine did it and she would move further away from the bed, then stay for a shorter time, etc. it took a little while, but after about 2 to 3 weeks her LO would just lay down and stay in bed. GL!
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageletranger:
    Do what works for you. Don't let other people judge what you do. If you don't like it try the sleep last shuffle.

This. Don't let the judgers influence you. BUT if you don't like this new plan because it cuts down on time for yourself and with DH, then consider the super nanny plan (it'll drive you nuts for a few days but then pass) or the suggestion the other posted made about transitioning away slowly.  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What about shutting the door or putting a gate up so he can't get out? He may CIO for a little bit but hopefully not seeing you will make him give up before 3 hours

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"