Multiples

If you announced on Facebook....

how many weeks were you and what was your reasoning for announcing when you did.  I am out to many in my immediate circle....all family and some friends...some people at my sons' preschool know because DS let it slip.  Just starting to feel like I want to announce soon.  We have our NT scan tomorrow and if all looks good I may announce later in the week.  With my other boys (single babies) I announced after my NT scan.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: If you announced on Facebook....

• I announced at 15 wks, which happened to also be my birthday and the day we found out they were boys (were not expecting to find out the genders that soon but they were showing off lol) .....so my FB was pretty busy that day!
  • I think I was around 12 weeks, but the only reason we announced then was b/c my husband totally dropped the bomb on his FB page.... when I was like, WTH, he says, oh, I thought we were ready to tell..... ugh. So after that, I just put it out there too....
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I announced last week (around 14.5 weeks).  We did a CVS so we already knew the genders.  Also, all of our close friends and work already knew, plus it was Thanksgiving last week, so I just wanted to post what I was thankful for :)

Me:40 AMA, DH:36 0% morph, TTC#1;
    BFP#1 4/2011, MMC 6/2011 11wks Trisomy 13;
    BFP#2 11/2011, CP
    FSH: 17.9, AMH: 2.2
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: ER 4/3: 5R,4M,4F
    ET 4/6 All 4 (1-8A+, 2-8A-, 1-3A) BFP#3
    Two weeks of beta hell = Blighted Ovum
    IVF#2 Aug/Sept: ER 8/27: 4R,3M,3F
    ET 8/30 (1-8A+, 1-6A+)
    Beta#1 9/10: 350; Beta#2 9/12: 796; Beta#3 9/20: 9155
    Expecting Boy/Girl Twins! My babies were born 4/23/13 at 36w1d!

• I announced right away because I was in total shock!  I was 6w3d - we had already put on there that we were expecting #2, so it only made sense to let everyone know it was in fact #2 AND #3!  I believe my exact words were, "HOLY MOLY, life just got a lot more complicated - the "C" family is growing by TWO!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • six weeks! there is NO way I could have kept that to myself for even a day. 
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm dying to announce too but I'm so nervous being so early I'm just over 10 weeks and so much could happen. At my appointment my doctor reassured me there was no reason to believe both babies weren't doing fine. I have an ultrasound on December 13.... Maybe after that
  • I just announced on Sat which was 24 weeks. I wanted to wait until V-Day. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • All our families and close friends know. We have a lot of less close friends who we never see so I would like to put something on Facebook but won't do it until after our anatomy scan on Dec. 21.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I announced on Facebook at about 14 weeks. Everyone in my life already knew, but I waited to announce on Facebook because I had a vacation already planned to Las Vegas at 12 weeks. I knew I would be posting from Vegas and I didn't want to give anyone the wrong impression of me partying on Vegas while pregnant. It was a tame but fabulous trip. I posted after a Doc appointment where they gave me profile ultrasound pics that I could share. 
    Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • 14 weeks. Gave me time to tell some close friends & family but we came out with the twins part right away because it was going to get out FAST (and they didn't disappoint) Here is our Announcement. Took people a bit

• I'm waiting until my doctor appointment next Friday and I'll be 13w1d.  We seen the babies and heartbeats three times, but I just want one more check before putting it on FB.  Most of our close family and friends know and my work knows because I'm showing, but for those relatives that don't live close, we'll post.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I announced after 10 weeks and we had already had 2 ultrasounds adn saw strong heartbeats. It's a very personal decision. Do it when you are ready! Congrats!

First U/S 06/27/12 TWINS!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We announced at 13 weeks.  It was my dad's birthday, so I made a post saying "Happy Birthday to the Grandpa-to-be".  We had already seen the heartbeats twice at that point and I was no longer able to hide my bump, so we just went for it.
    imageimage
    TTC #1 since May 2010. BFP #1 - 5/31/10; m/c on 7/22/10
    Started seeing RE in August 2011
    5 IUIs: BFN; IVF #1 - Success! BFP - 7/25/12 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Around 20 weeks after a/s. I find when people announce early on FB I feel like they are pg forever: that and I'm pretty nervous nelly since nt scan was perfect last time and we ended up losing the baby at 17 weeks.

imageimage 

6/20/11 mc @ 5wks
    10/19/11 mc @ 17wks- Trisomy 18
    IUI #1 4/26/12 BFN
    Moving on to IVF in July
    37 with DOR...fabulous
    ER 7/14/12 6R 5F, ET 7/17 3 embies, beta #1 7/26: 147, beta #2 7/28: 326, beta#3 7/30: 422...ugh, beta#4 7/31: 607...hopeful, beta #5 8/2: 1280, beta #6 8/7: 7184 and u/s shows 1 possibly 2 sacs! 8/14 2 beautiful heartbeats! 9/24 we are TEAM BLUE!!!!!

• We announced right at the beginning of second trimester.
  • We announced at 14 weeks... I didn't feel comfortable announcing before then because we didn't think our baby B was going to continue to grow as things did not look good between weeks 6-10 and even after she was more on track, she was still very small and I was just cautious. Regardless of that situation, we probably would have waited until the second tri anyway!  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We waited to announce on FB until 20 weeks when we found out what they were. We had a few reasons for waiting so long.

We were paranoid something would happen. It took us 2 years. We both didn't feel like it was real until then. All of the friends and family that we are close to already knew so it was just random coworkers and high school friends that would learn about it on FB. 

It is really a personal choice and you should do it when you feel comfortable.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker DD#1 3/04 *TTC #2 since 6/2010 EDD 1/30/13 changed to 2/4/13 we are having boy/girl twins!
  • I was around 12 weeks.  We announced on New Year's Day - it seemed like a fun time to tell everyone what we were expecting in the new year!
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We announced on facebook with a picture of me holding up a pregnancy stick that said pregnant and also posted this video (my husband is really into editing and technology). We waited until I was 12 weeks along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yse-jZk0YY

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was about 12 weeks along. I sent announcements to family and friends of 3 pics of my daughter holding signs that said, "guess what;I'm gonna be a big sister; 12/2/12." At the bottom I added the saying, "double the giggles, and double the grins, and double the trouble when you're blessed with twins!" I waited until everyone received this in the mail, and then made my fb announcement. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • As far as Facebook I'm hoping to hold off til we find out the sexes and write

It's a GIRL.
    .and ANOTHER GIRL!!!!
    Do the offers to babysit still stand?
    Or something like that haha
  • I think I was 11 weeks. my close friends and family knew before FB.  I would have waited longer but I was excited and had no more appointments for a while so I figured nothing would change between now and then (flawed thinking but it worked out).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • around 12 weeks when I found out myself (about the twins not the pregnancy haha) just made an album called life is full of surprises...posted 2 ultrasounds pics of the boys individually and then the 3rd one of them together..people figured it out!
  • I was 20 weeks. I made a cute picture with a pair of girl and boy shoes saying "Last Name Twins Arriving May 2012."

Our family and close friends knew already. I waited to say anything on FB until my work knew it was twins, and I waited until about 18 weeks to tell work.

We told our parents by 6 weeks before we knew it was twins. Friends by 12 and by then we knew it was twins.  

my blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Boy/girl twins born at 37w1d and 37w2d

• imageCcjones85:

It's a very personal decision. Do it when you are ready! Congrats!

I agree that it's a very personal decision, just like with any pregnancy, and the journey you've taken to become pregnant may affect when you feel comfortable telling people.

We announced the pregnancy and twins at the same time when I was 8.5 weeks along.   We were too excited to keep it a secret!  Plus, I'm so petite that I couldn't hide it for long.  I didn't want people to start thinking I was almost done with the pregnancy when I was just starting out.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I announced at 20 weeks this pregnancy. Last pregnancy I announced at 13 weeks, but we lost our baby at 18 weeks so I was kind of scared to announce due to my history. I know lots of people that announce early, and lots that wait. Totally your call! :)
  • Announced around 17w w/ the twins. My reasoning was I wanted a few good ultrasounds to ease my anxiety since my prior pregnancy had been a missed m/c at 12w.

Announced around 13w w/ the singleton, but unfortunately lost him shortly after the anatomy scan.

Due to my history, I probably won't announce (to people other than family/close friends) until much later the next time around. I agree it's totally about your personal preference/what YOU feel comfortable with.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • We ended up announcing at 8 weeks. Here is our picture we put up!

Our Pregnancy Announcement!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • I didn't announce until 17 weeks something like that- I put up u/s pics.
    Diagnosis: DOR and MFI-low everything IVF #1 = triplets! 2 girls and a boy! Born Sept 29, 2011 at 32w6d due to Pre-e and HELLP syndrome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DH announced the day we found out we were having twins - 8 wks 1 d.  Our immediate family knew we were pregnant, so discovering it was twins was a complete surprise.
  • I announced at 20 weeks; the day after the ultrasound that revealed twins :).
    J - 9/6/09 L and A - 1/17/12
  • im planning to announce it after i give birth. that would surprise everyone! lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"