3rd Trimester
Options

When does the breathing get better?

I have asthma, and with the last several weeks I have had to differentiate if I am wheezing or if I am just pregnant LOL.  If I stand up and the breathing is easier, then I know its not my asthma.  I am an ICU nurse and work long 12-13 hour shifts in an intense environment and I feel like I am always out of breath! 

I heard that it gets better when baby drops?  Once baby drops are you peeing more?  Because every time I stand up I also have to pee.  Even if I just peed.  If Im sitting I am fine, but once I stand I run to the restroom. 

Tell me this gets better before actual labor?  Sometimes I try to practice my breathing exercises for labor but get so out of breath I cant imagine trying to breathe calmly during intense contractions.

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: When does the breathing get better?

• Options
    Baby dropped a while ago for me, and my breathing has not gotten better because his legs and body are still high.....but I am short. Certain positions laying down and standing  do help. Sorry!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    When my guy dropped peeing became more frequent and breathing became easier.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sadly my breathing hasn't gotten any easier either.  I attribute more to the weight  gain than the baby's position.  Sleeping is a *** too w/my sleep apnea. 
  • Options
    Pretty much things get worse and worse and then you have a baby. Sorry :)
    Mom to Jacob, Henry and Ian Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I actually noticed I was breathing better today and I could get my shoes on without much difficulty. My BF and co-worker both said to me today that my belly looks like its lower today than it was yesterday, so maybe my little one is slowly dropping? Even when he's stretched out he isn't kicking my ribs like he was just yesterday. Of course, maybe he just wants to be scrunched up today and tomorrow I'll be huffing and puffing again as he kicks my lungs.

Every pregnancy is different, but hopefully your little one moves down and you get some relief soon!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The doctor told me that once the baby is born I'll be able to breathe again but don't expect much relief before then. I know how you feel... it's horrible. I make it halfway up the steps at home and have to stop to catch my breath.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"