Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Super light sleeper

Anyone else have one? Its gotten expontentially worse in the last week, the other night he woke up no less than 5x in the night. I'm not sure if its due to Dh having a cold and snoring like a bear or what... but seriously I'm dragging from waking constantly and he is clearly tired too b/c he fell asleep on the 7 min ride to DC this morning. Any suggestions on what to do? I'm wondering if I should invest in a noise machine or have a fan running or something.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Super light sleeper

• Options

Our 10 month old is a ridiculously light sleeper.  We tried putting her and the toddler in the same room and that did NOT work because the toddler kept talking to her and waking her up.  When my husband and I go upstairs for the night if I so much as sneeze in the room we wake her up!

I tried a noise machine and it did NOT work.  Maybe it'll work for you! We just stay quiet :)

• Options
    Lucia is a super light sleeper. We shared a hotel room with her last week and it was rough. She wakes up everytime we move. None ofof us feelto rested after vacatinion! At home we just keep as many doors closed as possible between her bedroom and ours or the living room or wherever we are when she is sleeping.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We have had a few light sleepers including our current baby. It's always been important  to me that in the infancy stage my babies slept close to me whether co-sleeping or in a crib in our room. I have found that a small fan left on (facing a wall in colder weather) has been a life saver. The noise is very consistent and filters out other noises. Also though, teething, growth spurts ect, factor into sleeping habits so this may pass in time and just another thing to get through:)

Mom to Emma, Noah, Isaac, Asa, Asher, Jonah and expecting baby Alice 7/16

• Options
    We never used to use anything but when we moved from our house to an apartment 2 months ago, Ava was waking up constantly.  We finally invested in a sound machine and a small tower fan and they have been life savers.  Not only do our loud neighbors not wake her up, but we finally feel like we can watch tv, etc. at a normal volume.  I would highly suggest it.
    Married 03/09
    TTC #1 02/11
    BFP #1 02/24/11 EDD 10/31/11 MC 03/02/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #2 05/30/11 EDD 02/07/12 Ava Grace born 02/01/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 08/14
    BFP #3 10/10/14 EDD 06/20/15 CP 10/15/14 

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    DS is a very light sleeper too it's ridiculous! I've always put a small fan on in his room that's not pointed towards him or close by, just for noise. Also the noise giraffe on the white noise setting and a humidifier running and he doesn't wake up during the night. We stayed at my in laws this weekend though and I went to check on him and he woke up just from the floor creaking it sucked!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Thanks ladies - now I'm not sure what the issue is, he woke up at 4:30am screaming after DH had left for work, I put him in bed w/ me, he squirmed around for a while, put him back in his crib... let him CIO... then he fell asleep and I got up and he managed to sleep thru me using the food processor to smooth out his oatmeal!? wth?!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"