Preemies
Options

Blood in stool

I changed DD diaper this morning and there was a couple drops of blood mixed in with her stool. She does really seem to strain when going. I was going to call the Dr if it was in her next stool but it wasent. Any thoughts or experience?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Blood in stool

• Options
    I'm on mobile so I can't see how old she is. Early on, there can be blood on the diaper because she's withdrawing from your hormones and has a little bleeding. It could be from a uti. Or as you say, from stool. Is her poop hard? Unless its really hard or it's diarrhea and she's been going nonstop, it's unlikely it's the poop.

You said she grunts and strains a lot. Is she comfortable the rest of the time? Does her poop or pee smell funky?

Ds1 is 3 and if we don't give him enough water, he has hard stools and sometimes blood. But that's all my experience.
    Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I called the ped and made an appt for tomorrow. Her sool is not hard at all.. soft, normal. It is for sure coming out of her butt though. I had her diaper off and some watery/blood came out of her butt when she pushed. It is now happening every couple poops. A couple drops andsometimes it looks stringy. I just do not know if it's an allergy or a tear or what it is.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    • Our DS was a 35 weeker and we figured out that he had an  intolerance to milk proteins in my diet (I EP'd for him).  His stool became progressively bloody and mucusy at 10 days old, but he had no other symptoms of distress.  He was admitted to our Children's Hospital overnight after screening out any other problems, and then I was off dairy for the 9 mo. I pumped for him. I hope that you get an answer from the Pedi!  GL.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Yep it is a milk allergy! Glad it is figured out, not glad about how much the formula is going to cost Tongue Tied
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"