December 2011 Moms
Options

Diaper rash :(

L had really bad diarrhea all last night and all day today.  She's also had a really bad diaper rash and a low grade fever (99.5).  I called the Dr just to be sure and they said it sounds like teething.

I'm worried about her though because the rash has spread a little bit - still on her bum just bigger.  I'm starting to wonder if it could be an allergic reaction.  I just started giving her WCM about 10 days ago.  And then introduced eggs two days ago (though she's already had food with eggs in it such as pancakes with no problem).

Any opinions/advice?  Could it be an allergic reaction?  Or probably just from teething?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Diaper rash :(

• Options

Does it have like little red dots - could be a yeast diaper rash. DS had one of those and it got pretty bad. Just had to alternate between triple paste and Lotrimin sealed with Aquaphor or Vaseline.

Here's some info on it: 

https://www.babycenter.com/0_yeast-diaper-rash_10913.bc

Hope she feels better soon! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't really have any advice, but I just wanted to say that we're going through the same thing.  She's had multiple poopie diapers for the last 3 days, and because of that she has a pretty bad diaper rash.  The last time this happened, our doctor thought it was a yeast rash and prescribed Nystatin. So if it doesn't go away, maybe call your doctor back and ask about that?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No, there's no little red dots. It's all just one big puffy red patch. I'll definitely ask about yeast if it doesn't go away in a couple days...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"