Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

I can't believe most of you instutionalize your LOs!!

Not sure why they call it day CARE?!    The strangers that watch your children don't care...at least not as much as you do for your own children.  Do yourself a favor and listen to Dr. Laura, she will set you straight ;-)

Seriously tho...I used to work at a daycare and half the kids were complete brats begging for attention since their parents dumped them off at day"care".  Why did you have kids if you don't want to raise them?  Just curious>?

Re: I can't believe most of you instutionalize your LOs!!

• Options

imagembenit4:
    Poor bored troll.

So you can't answer my question??

• Options
    Um, what?  I'm a SAHM but I have plenty of friends and SILs who are fabulous moms who also work and their LOs go to daycare for portions of the day.  All of us do our best to balance things in life.  People who work are still raising their kids.  It's not your job to judge people or tell them how to live their lives. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageDawnJM25:
    Um, what?  I'm a SAHM but I have plenty of friends and SILs who are fabulous moms who also work and their LOs go to daycare for portions of the day.  All of us do our best to balance things in life.  People who work are still raising their kids.  It's not your job to judge people or tell them how to live their lives. 

Just listen to Dr. Laura.  She will explain everything ;-)

• Options
    imagenemosucksII:

imageDawnJM25:

I actually hate Dr. Laura.  Thanks anyway!

• Options
    imageDawnJM25:
    imagenemosucksII:

imageDawnJM25:

I actually hate Dr. Laura.  Thanks anyway!

Probably just because she is SO real and tells it how it is.  People can't handle the truth...you must be one of those types of people.

• Options
    imagechardonnay24:

I don't like spending time with my kid. He's kind of a brat and I love going to work and have someone else take care of him.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

What's funny is that in ALL the time my son has been in daycare not once, never, ever, ever, not even for a second has anyone ever screamed "Go the F?CK to sleep."

So maybe my strangers care for my kid more than you care for your own?

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageKimbus22:

Maybe those kids were complete brats begging for attention because their parents left them with an asshat.

And I had a kid because I want someone to bring me beer while I watch tv.

Yes, but if that kid doesn't learn to open it for you soon, you're throwing him out, right? 

Also, isn't Dr. Laura that woman who's homophobic?  I'm not sure I'm thinking of the right one... Don't want to give the OP the satisfaction of me having to look it up... I'm too lazy, what with working all day and having someone else raising my kid. 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • Options
    As a teacher (and obviously working mom) I will respond to you troll.  Most of the stay at home moms I meet with are the worst parents.  Controlling, self-centered and most of the time do a worse job with their children than those with children in daycare.  I can tell you the kids that have stay at home moms within two days of meeting them and not for good reasons.  I would love to be a stay at home mom, but I would be one of the few good ones (and they are out there though they are few and far between)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'll play nice... if you're looking for a serious conversation here, which I'm afraid you are not and just trying to stir the pot.

I'm a certified elementary school teacher who became a SAHM when DD was born. I've been home with my kids and even though I am the type of SAHM that is actively involved in my children's life and seek enriching activities and outings for them... they benefit a lot from going to dayCARE 3 days a week (9am-2pm)- it's more a preschool setting, small class size, amazing and loving teachers, great learning exercises and activities, and most importantly socialization in a formal setting which will prepare them better for kindergarten. It's a break from me to learn from others, and it also provides me the time to go grocery shopping etc. without dragging them along -- no benefits for anyone there!

Yes, being home with your kids is an amazing privilege, but it is definitely not for everyone. A child in daycare with hard working loving parents is no worse off than a mother at home with her child all day long... it's a personal choice, or sometimes financial obligation. Some SAHM's suck -- an outing to a local fast food joint isn't as beneficial as a child learning to cope with other children around them in a daycare setting. Some daycare centers suck, but some do not; for example, I would not send my children to a daycare with someone like you working there thinking the kids were brats. At this age kids are not brats, they are little sponges looking for direction and guidance from a loving person.

I personally feel like it's a disadvantage to children who are home with their mom/dad all day long (starting around 16-18 months) and never have any other authority or outside influences. Children need diversity, and information given in multiple ways. They also need to learn independence from parents and become their own person.

Everyone's situation is different. I was a kid who was in daycare and had babysitters after school for as long as I remember. It did not damage me. I am a very accepting person, well educated, family oriented, and would do anything for anyone. So my mom should have quit her job and spent every second with me, up my butt all day long, and our family should have financially struggled while she raised 3 kids? I don't think so. Working parents teach their children the importance of setting goals, good work ethic, etc. There's a balance. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageCLL1001:

imagerider5344:
    As a teacher (and obviously working mom) I will respond to you troll.  Most of the stay at home moms I meet with are the worst parents.  Controlling, self-centered and most of the time do a worse job with their children than those with children in daycare.  I can tell you the kids that have stay at home moms within two days of meeting them and not for good reasons.  I would love to be a stay at home mom, but I would be one of the few good ones (and they are out there though they are few and far between)

WTH? Your post is just as bad and judgy as the OP!

Not really, as you can see, I work, love my job, but would also love to be a STAHM, I find major value in both.  I just think all too often people underestimate how hard the job as a STAHM is just like they undervalue how hard being a working mom is.  Because of this, all too often the job is done poorly.

• Options

imagerider5344:

Wait, what? This is offensive.  

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    imagerider5344:
    imageCLL1001:

imagerider5344:

WTH? Your post is just as bad and judgy as the OP!

Not really, as you can see, I work, love my job, but would also love to be a STAHM, I find major value in both.  I just think all too often people underestimate how hard the job as a STAHM is just like they undervalue how hard being a working mom is.  Because of this, all too often the job is done poorly.

You are an idiot. You have made this dumb converstaion even dumber. You make no sense what so ever.

As for the OP, she is the same woman that brought up the CIO post (just probably making new names). She is loving the fact she can get all the mommies riled up.

• Options
    imagenemosucksII:

Not sure why they call it day CARE?!    The strangers that watch your children don't care...at least not as much as you do for your own children.  Do yourself a favor and listen to Dr. Laura, she will set you straight ;-)

Seriously tho...I used to work at a daycare and half the kids were complete brats begging for attention since their parents dumped them off at day"care".  Why did you have kids if you don't want to raise them?  Just curious>?

I'll bet they were so sad to see you go Indifferent

I work because I spent 8 years in school and I'm successful... and I love my job... and even if I didn't love it, the government still expects people to pay back their student loans.  There are many, many reasons... Luckily there is no one "right" way to structure a family.  Plus, I'd rather be a working mom than a complete d-bag like you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageAimeeL85:
    For the tax return, obviously.

Exactly. I can't imagine why else anyone would have one. 

• Options
    'Sup, Lena?
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• Options

Hahahaha.....this thread is awesome.  Dr. Laura worked the whole time her son was little. I listen to her every day because I'm fascinated with how much of a D-bag she is (and the Howard Stern show is on repeat in the afternoon).  Was anyone listening that time when all of Howard Stern's fans started calling in and she had to get off the air?  It made my drive home from WORK much more enjoyable than usual.

I love work.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageBrittKav:
    'Sup, Lena?

Yes 

• Options
    imageblu-eyedwife:

What's funny is that in ALL the time my son has been in daycare not once, never, ever, ever, not even for a second has anyone ever screamed "Go the F?CK to sleep."

I saw her name and immediately remembered her post about screaming profanity at her kid.

Clicky link below.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/67863689.aspx

• Options

imagerider5344:

What an absolutely ridiculous thing to say. How rude and judgy of you.

You and OP are on the exact.same.level.

• Options

imagerider5344:

Sucks you can't be a SAHM and prove how much better you would be at it Crying

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't been on the bump since my son was born last October, but I decided the check it out while on my LUNCH BREAK today...totally forgot how much I love the ridiculous drama !
  • Options

imagerider5344:

You win the Twatwaffle Tuesday award.

• Options

imagerider5344:

Wow, you are a flucking dumbass!

• Options
    imagePurpleDrewbie5:
    imageblu-eyedwife:

I saw her name and immediately remembered her post about screaming profanity at her kid.

Clicky link below.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/67863689.aspx

lol! So apparently yelling at your infant is good parenting. Working to earn a living is not. Perhaps the OP would be a little more patient with her kid if she went out and got a job...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Maybe the kids were complete brats because they had biitches like you in charge of their care all day.
    Our Little Lady
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Avery - 8.2.07 | Asher - 5.12.10 | Audrey - 11.28.12

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMrsGoodkat:

imagerider5344:

Seriously. Wtf dude? What makes you better than anyone else? And who are you to judge SAHMs when you don't even stay home? I'm sure you've met every SAHM, so you know how well they all do their jobs, right?

• Options
    Since DS and his dayCARE teacher have special nicknames for one another and do a special dance together, I think he gets plenty of care there.

And I had my kid to help the economy. Those dayCARE workers need to eat too.

image image
  • Options
    What the assfluck is going on in here?!?
  • Options

imageScout2005:
    I mean, op sucks and all, but are you all seriously telling me you've never at 3 am on day five of no sleep hissed "go the eff to sleep?" I call falsehoods. As to the rest of this, meh.

If you read my response to her you will see that I admitted to yelling at my kid once.

That's it. DD is approaching 14months now, I haven't yelled since then and I have NEVER sworn at her.

The OP also didn't hiss it under her breath she was rocking her baby who was crying and squirming.

• Options
    imageMrsGoodkat:

imagerider5344:

+1  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Between this post and the CIO out post, I feel like an awful mother. Oh wait, no I don't. Try again.
  • Options
    imageScout2005:
    imagePurpleDrewbie5:

imageScout2005:
    I mean, op sucks and all, but are you all seriously telling me you've never at 3 am on day five of no sleep hissed "go the eff to sleep?" I call falsehoods. As to the rest of this, meh.

If you read my response to her you will see that I admitted to yelling at my kid once.

That's it. DD is approaching 14months now, I haven't yelled since then and I have NEVER sworn at her.

The OP also didn't hiss it under her breath she was rocking her baby who was crying and squirming.

Good for you. Your MOTY medal is on it's way. I've yelled and sworn. I'll pause while you grope for your pearls. And I was being cheeky with my post. Sorry you're taking this all so seriously.

Seriously...? I never said I was MOTY or tried to act like I was better than anyone else. I don't think it's okay to tell your kid to STFU regardless of the situation. How can you possibly disagree with this?

• Options
    imageGirlLeastLikelyTo:

Hahahaha.....this thread is awesome.  Dr. Laura worked the whole time her son was little. I listen to her every day because I'm fascinated with how much of a D-bag she is (and the Howard Stern show is on repeat in the afternoon).  Was anyone listening that time when all of Howard Stern's fans started calling in and she had to get off the air?  It made my drive home from WORK much more enjoyable than usual.

I love work.

Yes, it was an awesome show!

I had a kid b/c I wanted a 'mini me'. Austin Powers inspired this movement.

You're absolutely right,why do I use DC w/ strangers who don't care about my children? Beginning tmrw, DD will be a street walker and make her own salary-a real entrepreneur. 

• Options

imagerider5344:

Seriously?!  This is messed up...

• Options
    imageScout2005:
    imagePurpleDrewbie5:
    imageScout2005:
    imagePurpleDrewbie5:

imageScout2005:

Good for you. Your MOTY medal is on it's way. I've yelled and sworn. I'll pause while you grope for your pearls. And I was being cheeky with my post. Sorry you're taking this all so seriously.

Seriously...? I never said I was MOTY or tried to act like I was better than anyone else. I don't think it's okay to tell your kid to STFU regardless of the situation. How can you possibly disagree with this?

Because I acknowledge that I'm human and sometimes when humans haven't slept in three days they yell and say "go the fucktosleep." To an infant that will have zero recollection of the incident. I doubt it even comes up in therapy, in fact. I completely refuse to beat myself up about it.

If you've honestly managed to not yell at your kid but once, bully for you. I'm mortal and have 2u2. Yelling happens here and there.

I repeat my general meh to this thread. 

Look, I am not saying that I can't empathize with an overly tired parent. I know what it's like to try to function on no sleep and take care of a baby who is also trying to function on no sleep. I get that. I was sleep deprived and struggling with breastfeeding and my kid needed to eat and sleep and I was starving and I got frustrated and yelled at her. Yelling at her didn't make me feel better and it didn't make her feel better either. Just because an infant may not remember it doesn't make it okay. There are plenty of things that we do to/for babies that they don't remember. We do them because it's the right thing to do, not because they will or will not remember those things. 

I am not trying to tell you to beat yourself up about it or act superior to you. OP said people at daycare don't care for your kids. Another poster said, the people at daycare have never yelled STFU to my baby. My point is her point: Sorry OP, you're not a better mom for staying at home with your kid. You admitted to screaming to your baby and in another post admitted you didn't feel bad about it. How can anyone possible take you seriously?

We are just going to have to agree to disagree. I don't think it's ever okay to tell your baby to STFU even if the baby won't remember it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"