Baby Names
Options

NN Lola?

Re: NN Lola?

• Options
    I dont really see Lola for Sloane. I don't really understand nicknames for one syllable names anyway, but this one just doesn't make sense to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

It's too much of a stretch.

Why not just use Lola? It's far better than Sloane.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love Sloane, even though its not popular here. I think you can use Lola as a nn, its sweet. I don't feel that nn have to be an obvious derivative.
  • Options

I also don't understand nicknames for one syllable names. It seems completely unnecessary. If you like Lola enough to want to have it as a designated nickname, just use it as a full name.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageanvloveskme:
    What do you think of the nn Lola for Sloane?

I don't think Lola goes with Sloane. I love the name Sloane though. I have a Simone, and wanted to name my other daughter Sloane, but they are too similar.  

• Options
    I think they're two separate, legitimate names.
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Options

Some people don't "get" nicknames. Forget them.

I think Lola works.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I just want to give you a world as beautiful as you are to me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I never would have thought of Lola as being a NN for Sloane before your post but I can see it working. I like both as stand-alone names though as well.

While I understand why people say a one syllable name doesn't need a NN...I like NNs for ANY name. Just because. So I get why you're looking for one. NNs don't have to be derived from the formal name anyways.

Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • Options
    It seems funny to have a nn that is longer than the actual name. I always think a nn is to make it easier/shorter to say a name. I like Sloane on it's own without a nn. Lola is a bit of a stretch. You could use just Lo.
  • Options
    To me this just sounds like you like a name, someone else doesn't, and this is some kind of compromise. Either pick one, or use both(one as a MN) and call them whatever you want.
    Due with #5 April 22, 2015. It's a girl!!!!! 

Yes it was planned, yes we know what causes that, no we are not on public assistance, and yes we will be getting cable after this. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"