December 2011 Moms
Options

How has everyone been lately?

How is everyone :) DH is out of the country this week and it is very lonely.  I have not seen a post like this for a while so...

What is new with you/LO?

What is the must have gift that you are getting LO for their birthday/Christmas?

And so we do not short change Thanksgiving, what food are you looking forward to the most?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

Re: How has everyone been lately?

• Options

We are doing really well other than DH being gone. I joined a local expat community here in Scotland and I am meeting with the mommy/toddler group for the first time tomorrow at a local kid's place. 

Our number one gift on the list is anything that makes animal noises or has to deal with animals...she loves hearing different animal noises-it gets her to belly laugh :) We use the Peek-a-boo Barn app for the ipad that she loves!

Since we are not in the US, Thanksgiving will be just a regular day here.  We were going to celebrate with a turkey, but DH has a week long class now in Edinburgh that E and I will accompany him now. I would kill for a piece of pumpkin cheesecake though!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
    imageccip82:

How is everyone :) DH is out of the country this week and it is very lonely.  I have not seen a post like this for a while so... I'm tired.  We've just gone through Josephine having croup.  Last night was the first night she was "semi" back on schedule.  Wasn't enough though.  I'm still sleepy, but I'm so glad she's better.

What is new with you/LO?   Josephine has all but stopped crawling.  Thursday she just decided she's going to walk all the time everywhere.  It's pretty cool. 

I've lost 10 lbs and am back down to pre-pregnancy weight! =)

What is the must have gift that you are getting LO for their birthday/Christmas? I don't know yet!! Is that bad?  I am thinking about a rocking horse or something like that.... I just don't know!

And so we do not short change Thanksgiving, what food are you looking forward to the most?   My mom's stuffing.  I made it last year, since she was going through chemo for breast cancer and was too tired.  It just wasn't as good.  She was standing right there, and told me what to do, and yet, it still tasted "sub-par" so I am very much so looking forward to having my mom's.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options

What is new with you/LO?

LO is getting much better at walking!  So much fun to see him cruising around a few steps at a time.  He's such a fun happy little guy! 

As for me, I'm so sad my little guy is turning one!  We're done having kids so everything he does is my last "first".  I want to keep him young and innocent forever!  I am however, looking forward to being in Mexico the week before Christmas! 

What is the must have gift that you are getting LO for their birthday/Christmas?

Ugh - I have NO idea!  I feel like we have so much "stuff" already.  I have 2 stepkids (althogh they're older - DH kept a bunch of their toys) and a 2 year old, so our house is full of toys & art supplies. I do want to get them the Pillow Racers though.  I think it would be funny to see DD and DS "racing" around the house on those. 

And so we do not short change Thanksgiving, what food are you looking forward to the most?

Love the stuffing!  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

What is new with you/LO?

E can now be classified as a 'walker'.  He prefers to walk over crawl, it is so awesome to see his progression, but he is so much more work!  He's also developed a little temper, he doesn't like it when I redirect him or take something he shouldn't have away from him.  We just got back from our trip to Hawaii (extended due to Hurricane Sandy), we had a great time, E was an amazing traveler and he is sleeping better post trip than he was before we left! 

An animal rocker.  Other than that, I think wooden blocks, fridge magnets, an arm chair with his name embroidered.  I started an Amazon list just to keep the different ideas in one place. 

We're hosting (which I love), so I'm looking forward to entertaining, cooking, eating good food, sharing our good wine stash and family.

laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageccip82:

How is everyone :) DH is out of the country this week and it is very lonely.  I have not seen a post like this for a while so...

What is new with you/LO?

We are all happy and healthy in this house! I can't ask for much more. DS is sitting in his exersaucer so well! He holds his head in the right spot about 75% of the time. He is grabbing and shaking so he has been learning lots lately! I have been having baby fever really bad. It's crazy since I know DS is so much work, but I just want to have a normal delivery and a healthy baby so badly. I want to breastfeed and hold a brand new baby and cuddle. All the things I didn't get to do with DS. I need to snap out of it! 

I really want to get him a Zany Zoo. I think DS would really like it. I'm just not sure DH wants to fork over the cash. 

Divinity. My aunt always brings it - it's pretty much just gooey sugar. hehe

• Options
    What is new with you/LO?  DS is always on the go.  He's not walking yet, but his is good at crawling!  He has also started dropping his 4:30 feeding on his own :) and he's sleeping 10 hour stretches at night.  Yay!  Not much new with me.  I'm loving being a SAHM, and I still get to teach one afternoon a week.  It's a perfect fit.

What is the must have gift that you are getting LO for their birthday/Christmas?  I'm avoiding things with batteries, LOL.  I'm excited to have new books!  I'm also excited about the Busy Ball Drop, these Duplo read and build sets (I'll tuck them away for next summer), and the Roll and Play game (another thing I'll set aside for the summer).

And so we do not short change Thanksgiving, what food are you looking forward to the most?  I have to be honest, Thanksgiving food isn't my favorite.  No offense to stuffing, sweet potatoes, and pumpkin pie...I just prefer other foods :)  Having said that, DH's grandma makes a really yummy cranberry relish that I'm looking forward to. 

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    What is new with you/LO?
    I caught her trying to climb the family room book shelf today.  I went to get something out of the oven (kitchen open to the family room), turned my back for only a "second" and she had one knee up on the first shelf.  She's a monkey.
    We bought her her first potty seat this weekend.  She's probably not ready... but we are!  Ha!

I'm hoping her slide goes over well for her birthday.  If not, maybe the Ballapalooza??
    For Christmas, I hope she is old enough to get some joy out of her Grand Walk-In Kitchen... even if it's just opening and closing the cabinet & refrigerator doors.  If that's a bust, I know the Clifford board book will come through for me!  She loves Clifford books.

Thanksgiving isn't my holiday.  I was never a cook, so once I set the table and peeled the potatoes, I could never help my mom much growing up.  I hated the way Thanksgiving stressed her out.  I "blamed" the food... but if I have to pick, probably just the turkey.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are doing well. I am thrilled that my husband won't have any week long work trips until January. It is lonely when he is away.

A is finally in the 10 month old club. She confidently cruises everywhere. I still predict she will be walking midNOV. She has just startes to hand me unwanted food off of her tray. This is much better than the old food toss habit.

For Christmas we ordered her a wooden baby sleigh with cover off Costco.ca.

I am not sure what we will get her for her birthday. We have lots of ideas.

Thanksgiving already happened for us. I enjoyed the mashed potatoes the most. I am a mashed potato piggy
  • Options

What is new with you/LO?
    L has been a bit behind but she's done a lot of catching up lately.  She is finally crawling and pulling up to stand and she finally has some teeth!

I'm actually not sure yet.  I feel overwhelmed by toys.  I never know what to get.  I'll probably just browse on Amazon for a while until I find something...

Stuffing!!!  I make the best stuffing with sour dough bread, chicken sausage, and apples.  Delicious!

• Options
    imageccip82:

What is new with you/LO?

LO has 8 teeth all of a sudden. I wonder how I could not have noticed it before...? Lately, he's going through a really fun phase of thinking everything I do is hilarious. I hope this lasts a long time. I just got a short term contract to do some work from home, so nights and weekends I am working on that. Plus dissertation (very slow progress) so it's a little more busy here...

Some baby-friendly musical instruments. We've "made" some of our own crap instruments (plastic bottles, tupperware, etc.) so I'm excited to get him some wooden percussion, etc. Yes, I will probably regret this. Will let you know Dec 26th just how soon the regret sets in.

I love anything pumpkin and anything squash, pretty much... so this time of year is a bonanza!

• Options
    imageKScheibe12:

What is new with you/LO?

Alex is walking all by himself now and is getting into all kinds of things. He's super fast, too! The days of crawling around or just sitting to play somewhere are definitely over. He has 3 1/2 teeth now and 4 more coming in. He is so much fun! 

I really want to get him a Radio Flyer Pathfinder Wagon. My parents got him a sandbox already and he loves it so much!

The turkey :-) 

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options

We've been doing great here in San Diego. We both got sick (and so did practically everyone in our neighborhood) so we are finally all better thank goodness! Chase started the 10-16 month class at Gymboree today and he did so good! I think it'll be good for him to be inspired by the older kids for walking, etc. He's standing on his own here and there but not walking yet.

The one gift I have in mind is a bead maze. Oh and a special personalized stocking. I still have the first and only one I've ever had that my Mother made me!

I'm such a cranberry sauce fan but I love it ALL. Can not wait to experience it all with our LO for the first time. It's going to be sooooo much fun and so much more special than ever before!

• Options

Not much is new with us...M has been sick for the past month so that sucks. I've been house bound since then. 

Uhhh we still aren't sure on what we're getting him..lurking for ideas...

Rolls dipped in mashed potatoes and gravy fo' sho'! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"