March 2014 Moms
Options

obsessed with pushing on my belly when I feel baby parts...

Anyone else? 
Poor little baby... it probably doesn't feel very nice! (And he always moves right away...)
But whenever i feel a body part poking, I just want to know what it is!!!!
It's just so freaking adorable to feel his little body moving! :-P
imageimage

Re: obsessed with pushing on my belly when I feel baby parts...

• Options
    Anything pointy I always push on! I figure it's probably a heel or elbow, so not bound to do much damage to her!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I do this too!  He has also been transverse/oblique my whole pregnancy - which needless to say is pretty uncomfortable at this point.  Sometimes I rub whatever part is stabbing me in hopes of gently convincing him to change positions, haha.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm always pushing on her too.., I do it gently so I know I am not hurting her. DH told me to stop poking on her because I was going to hurt her. The way I figure it, I am not poking hard and she is super protected in there. I would never poke hard enough to do damage. Just enough to feel around.

BFP #1 10/02/06, EDD 5/1/07 Natural Miscarriage 1 week after BFP

BFP #2 3/28/07, EDD 11/19/07 Natural Miscarriage 2 weeks after BFP

BFP #3 1/16/11, 1st U/S - 1/28/11 HR 132bpm, Missed Miscarriage- 2/28/11, D&C 3/8/11 

March 2011, diagnosed with MTHFR gene mutation

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about You, but since I didn't get the chance, would You please hold them on Your lap and tell them about me?

BFP #4 6/26/13, EDD 3/8/14, Delivered @ 40w6d
    Bethany Elizabeth born on 3/14/14 @ 6:48am weighing almost 8lbs 1oz and measuring 20 1/2 inches.

• Options
    I do this all the time. Used to be he/she would pull their foot back the minute I did. Now instead, they just stretch all the way out and roll their foot across my belly. I almost threw up the first time it was such a weird feeling lol. 

I tried to get my dad to feel it one time, and he told me to stop pushing on it too lol
  • Options
    I'm guilty! I love trying to figure out what part of the baby is poking through. He just "swims" away.

• Options
    Lol I have to do it too. Confession: sometimes the pressure is so intense I do it just because I know it'll make her stop!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    I do this all the time. The babies have been moving so much lately I'm not sure who is where and who/what is sticking out. DH keeps telling me to stop looking at my belly but I can't help it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @AlexisDKruse You could try googling 'leopold's maneuvers' which is what MWs, OBs, nurses use to determine position. You basically try to find two largish bumps (head and bum) and either the long smooth back, or all the bumpy bits (arms and legs) depending on how baby is lying. If you find the head/bum the head is more mobile and moves more freely, the bum doesn't.
  • Options
    Lol i do the same! Im always playing with her alrhough im never exactly sure what body part is what
  • Options
    I definitely have this! I like to feel around and try to guess what it is, DH gets creeped out when I do!
  • Options
    Haha yes glad to hear I'm not the only one!!! So fun.

When she does big movements I love watching my belly do "shape shifting" - yep there she goes again. Lol
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Haha, me too! Her daddy hates when I do it and says to let the poor girl relax, but it's truly amazing and I can't help myself!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"