1st Trimester
Options

Hard time exercising

I am only 6 weeks and prior to being pregnant I worked out 4 times a week, but I have absolutely no motivation to work out!  Part of it is that I am exhausted and my boobs are so sore!  But I know how important working out is and I just feel badly about it.  Also, all I want to eat are carbs!

Anyone experiencing this or have suggestions?

Re: Hard time exercising

• Options

1. 4x a day working out is excessive and there is NO reason to exercise that much during pregnancy.

2. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle while pregnant is important but MODERATION is key.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagecelyons45:

I am only 6 weeks and prior to being pregnant I worked out 4 times a day, but I have absolutely no motivation to work out!  Part of it is that I am exhausted and my boobs are so sore!  But I know how important working out is and I just feel badly about it.  Also, all I want to eat are carbs!

Anyone experiencing this or have suggestions?

Can I safely assume you mean 4x a week and not 4x a day? :)  

Prior to falling pregnant, I worked out 3 or 4x a week, myself.  Ballet and running.  But now that I'm pregnant, I'm too tired to do anything except one ballet class a week.  Exercise IS important, but don't push yourself to do it if you're too tired.  There is no harm in taking some time off your workout regimen until you get your energy back (next trimester, hopefully).  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OOPS! Yes, I meant 4 x a week!
  • Options

I am a work out fanatic.  I worked out six days a week prior to being pregnant and now 4-5 times per week at 10 weeks pregnant. What helped me immensely was switching my workouts from the evening to the morning before work.  It usually helps me to be more alert/awake at work. At 6 weeks I was more tired and sore than I am at 10 weeks (although this week has been a very exhausting week!).  I stayed away from jumping jacks, jumping rope, burpees and any other jumping excercises because of my sore boobs and overall anxiety at 6 weeks.  After I went to the Dr. at 8 weeks and got the ok from him to resume normal workouts, I went back to jumping and doing my normal kettle bell exercises 4-5 days per week.  I will say breathing is much harder, but it makes since.  You are breathing and circulating oxygen through the blood for two people, and unfortunately for you but fortunately for the baby, the baby gets the oxygen and fuel sources first.

As for the carb cravings, I'm in the same exact boat.  I have been on a low carb diet due to a gluten allergy for over two years.  All I want to eat during this pregnancy is bread, pizza, and french fries, and I can't have two out of three.  I don't really want sweets, I want salty pretzels, chips, and sour dough bread. I'm not sure about what trimester matters with eating carbs and birthweight.  All I know is that I switched to giving into my cravings (gluten free still) and have felt better and less hungry.  Listen to your body.  If you are working out as much as I am, you probably need more carbs than you are used to. Give in.  I haven't gained any extra weight after switching to more carbs and have been able to maintain my workout regimine. Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"