May 2013 Moms
Options

Water Birth Moms?

Just looking to see if any other moms had water births. Any moms looking into having water births? I loved my experience and wondered what kind of experiences others had.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Water Birth Moms?

• Options
    This is my first so I have no experience but my plan is a water birth. On Monday I had orientation at the birth center with the midwife. I've always planned a noninterventional birth and pray it works that way!
  • Options
    I definitely only have positive things to say about mine! I loved it! I can't imagine giving birth any other way. I go to the only hospital (20 minutes from my house) in a 4 hour radius that does water birth so I got lucky.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is my first baby but I am planning a water birth too :)
  • Options
    FTM here and I'm definitely strongly considering it! Did my research and checking out a home birth service on Saturday. Interested in hearing the stories here! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I labored with my first in a jacuzzi tub, but when it came down to pushing they had me get out! I LOVED it though, with the jets blowing all around my belly I could tolerate what felt like bad period cramps. I went from 2cm to 10cm in 20min. Then pushed him out in about an hour.
    My second I didn't have the tub option, but this one I will have a jacuzzi tub in my room and I'm so happy because for me it really helps manage the pain as I'm pro natural labor
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I want to! The closest hospital to me that has a tubs in each room and encourages water births is an hour away but I'm going! This is my first and I really hope my plan works out! The hospital offers doulas and my midwife will be there too.
  • Options
    I was told I could either do jacuzzi or water birth... but not both?

I like the idea of the jets to help with contractions, but also hope to actually deliver in the water.  Is this possible?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Some hospitals won't let you deliver in the water, so ask specifically about that. I have also heard at some places the nurses don't want to deal with the tubs so they give those rooms to women having epidurals since they can't use the tub. Hopefully that's not the case everywhere but you might want to ask around locally what people's experiences with water birth at your hospital is.

Most birth centers allow or even encourage it.

I planned a home water birth but my daughter came too early. My labor was really short though and I never felt like I needed to get in water. I am planning a home birth again and I haven't decided if I'm going to bother with the tub or not. It's still in my attic.
  • Options
    As far as I know jacuzzi tubs are only for laboring. Then you deliver in bed. I delivered in a tub that had constant water running from a detachable shower head but no jets.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm planning one too, as long as I stay low-risk :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"