Stay at Home Moms
Options

Moms who have a boy and girl

Do you find a difference in personalities? I know if I had two of the same gender, they would have different personalities, but does your boy seem more aggressive than your daughter? My DS seems to be innately all boy and DD is all girl. He is just drawn to balls and cars, where she is drawn to rainbows and fairies. My DS is not afraid of anything, super coordinated, and plays rough... Just like a "boy." My DD is a dare devil as well, but is much more nurturing, and plays baby, just like a "girl." I've never pushed them into a particular gender role, they are just who they are.

Do you see similar, natural gender roles in your boy and girl? 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Moms who have a boy and girl

• Options

No, not really.  DS loves trucks and cars and boy stuff like that, but DD is into all that stuff too.  She is definitely more of a daredevil than he is and everything seems to come easier to her.  He is a bigger whiner but she is sassier

She has no interest in dolls, but loves animals

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Options
    DD is still very young, but they are very different. She is very relaxed and sweet. She entertains herself all day. DS is stubborn, active, and always in need of attention!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes very much so.  Pretty similar to what you described.  DS has always loved cars, trains, super heros.  DD loves all things girly- princesses, babies,  animals (mommy and baby animals), pink and purple.  She also loves wearing dresses.  I never pushed them either way.  We obviously had way more boy toys when DD came along and she played with those, but we quickly saw that she would like having more girl type toys. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes, it's really interesting to see all the differences.  He was always much more active than DD, which could just be a personality difference.  The biggest difference is with his interest in cars.  We never pushed cars or trucks on him, one day he found some old cars at the bottom of a bin and he was so excited.  He immediately started pushing them around and making car noises.  Even when he was very young, he would get so excited whenever he saw a big truck.  DD was never very interested in cars or trucks. 
    Ms. A  - 2007, Mr. C - 2009
  • Options
    My DD is still too little to have any toy preference (beyond Sophie the Giraffe!), but my son is definitely all boy!  I'm also interested to see how birth order plays out in their personalities.  DS already seems to be the typical first born (listens pretty well for a 2 year old, likes things orderly).  It'll be interesting if DD is the wild child in the family!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    They have traditional gender secific interests.  But DD will play with the dinosaur and truck toys pretty often and DS plays with the play kitchen and can occasionally be convinced by his sister to play dolls.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Options

Total opposite. My son is sweet, gentle, and affectionate though always on the go. He has some traditional "boy" loves, like trucks and tools. He also loves to play with a dollhouse and take care of baby dolls a lot. He mothers my daughter a ton.

My daughter is fearless. She adores playing trucks and playing on playground equipment. She's definitely more mellow though and loves coloring.

Maybe it's a firstborn/second born thing?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"