1st Trimester
Options

Progesterone & Too Early to See Baby?

Hi everyone! I am kinda new to posting on this site. Found out we were pregnant in September. I went to my first real OB appointment on 10/24/12. We were supposed to hear the heartbeat because I was almost 10 weeks. However, after the ultrasounds, I proved to be only 6 weeks and 1 day. The doctor could only see the sack, no baby or yolk sack. Has this happened to anyone else? After the blood test results came back the doctor said the HCG levels were fine but my progesterone levels were a little low. She put me on oral 200 mg pills twice a day. After I take them I feel kind of like I have a buzz. Has anyone felt this before? I go back to do another ultrasound on 10/31/12. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Progesterone & Too Early to See Baby?

• Options
    All you can really do it wait, and try not to stress. Do you have irregular cycles? Otherwise I'm wondering why you were 4 weeks off in your estimate. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Hello and congratulations! I don't have any advice about your US and due date - I did IVF. Although you may just be too early to see anything yet. Did they do a transvaginal or abdominal us?

I am on the progesterone 200 mg BID also and they make me dizzy and loopy! My RE said I could space them out and take naps or take both before bed. They will also slow your digestive tract and can lead to constipation! Lots of water and fiber!!

Best wishes for a H&H 9 months!!!! 

IVF/ICSI #1 July/August 2011 BFP # 1 - B/G twins - preterm labor/cervical incompetency @ 23w3d FET # 1 March/April 2012 - BFN 5/1/12 FET # 2 July 2012 - BFN 7/24 FET # 3 BFP! EDD 5/15/13 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My progesterone is a vaginal suppository so I take it right before bed. I haven't noticed any weird symptoms. Agree with PP though- beware of constipation!
  • Options
    I have PCOS and take Progesterone in early pregnancy because the PCOS causes me to have low Progesterone. It makes me feel drunk. In fact that is how I feel right now but I think it's finally wearing off. It makes me feel sleepy, too. I take it a couple hours before bed. Mine is also 200mg by mouth.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was put on prometrium 200mg 2x a day orally. I felt the same way when taking it orally, very dizzy and almost like I had too much to drink. I brought this up to my OB and she recommended that I use the same exact pills vaginally instead. There are less side effects this way. It's worked for me! No more side effects :
  • Options

I've been on a vaginal suppository of progesterone for a while now.  I asked at my last appointment about a pill form and my RE said that there were side effects to the pill form that usually doesn't agree with pregnant women, nausea, dizziness, etc...so I decided to stay on the suppositories.

Congrats and good luck!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

When in Sept did you get a positive test?

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I take progesterone in oil intramuscular injections every day.  I don't have any side affects at all.  I suppose it affects us all differently.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"