March 2012 Moms
Options

First birthday question

Are you hosting a party??

I'm like 90 sure we aren't doing one.
dx MF & FF IF
Off B.C. Jan '06, started charting Feb '08, 2% morphology and PCOS, no O with meds,
IVF w/ICSI only option to conceive.
Licensed Foster Parents 07.11
Miracle BFP 7.20.11 1st beta 6,274! EDD 3.17.12
Miracle Baby born March 5, 2012 . 6lbs 1oz, 19 3/4"
Miracle BFP #2 10.8.12 - edd 6.20.13

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker

Re: First birthday question

• Options
    Yes. We actually have already reserved the venue. There isn't a lot of places to host a party in my town so we had to do it very early.
  • Options

Absolutely. To me, it is only of those important things.

Nothing big though. We'll just have family and close friends to the house. That's pretty standard for parties up there though. No one goes anything crazy or overly themed or rents a hall or anything. Not even for bigger b-days.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, but at home. I want to keep it simple. Probably just cake and coffee.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Yes, but at our house with only dh and I, dh's 3 siblings and his parents.

Working, Breastfeeding, Unmedicated Birthing Mother of Two.
  • Options
    Was planning to wait for 2nd bday but DH wants to, so yes we will.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I wouldn't really say hosting a party but I do have a theme in mind. We have two close friends that will come to celebrate with us.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We are going to do a party but we haven't settled on any details.  If we invite family, it could very quickly turn into a huge 50-60 plus people thing.  I like the idea of an ice cream social, a topping bar and some yummy flavors of ice cream, coffee.

• Options
    Just family, maybe a couple of friends. Lunch, cake, and presents.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    "Lilypie">image"Lilypie">
  • Options
    We are just having just a family get together. Probably hold it at our local community center, or somewhere like that. My house will be WAY to small to be stuck inside with my MIL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemrscjmb9410:

family only party. meaning 8-9 adults total and two kids, incl DS.

no themes or anything, just lunch and cake. 

Pretty much this. We'll just invite the grandparents and other close family. In later years we'll make a bigger deal out of birthdays, when DD is old enough to appreciate it, but for now it'll just be low key. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    imagejoyfullyfound:
    imagemrscjmb9410:

family only party. meaning 8-9 adults total and two kids, incl DS.

no themes or anything, just lunch and cake. 

Pretty much this. We'll just invite the grandparents and other close family. In later years we'll make a bigger deal out of birthdays, when DD is old enough to appreciate it, but for now it'll just be low key. 

Both of these for us!
  • Options

imagekaleb87:
    We are just having just a family get together. Probably hold it at our local community center, or somewhere like that. My house will be WAY to small to be stuck inside with my MIL!

Oh, you just reminded my mom and MIL will be in the same house. This could be interesting.

Looking at probably 10-15 people tops so even with close family and friends not sure family, shouldn't be bad. None of my siblings will bother showing up but friends that DD calls aunt and uncle will probably come. I enjoy hosting stuff though so it never crossed my mind to not do something. :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    Yes we are :) planning to invite close friends and only have immediate family. I dont want a big party but do want a theme; I'm thinking either baby mickey or mickey mouse playhouse theme. Can't wait!
  • Options
    haven't thought much about it. but we are going to have a party for him. I definitely need to find a place to host this at....probably a park community center...my family is just to big to have at my house.  We did baptism, get together at our house, and it was 50 people, 20 kids, and it was just to much to handle at home.....DH and I haven't talked about themes or anything yet. want to do something fun, there are lots of kids in the family..so have to keep them entertained..since weather still to cold to have a party outside.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • Options
    Lol sounds like I'm the only one that wants to have a huge ridiculous bash! I'm just so excited to share our joy of having DS in our lives for a whole year. With like everyone we know. :D I'm thinking we'll have it at our local park if the weather's nice, with our house and patio as a backup. I'm already looking for special cake recipes since we have so many dietary restrictions right now. Not sure about a theme. We'll see how ridiculous DH lets me get!
  • Options
    We are doing some kind of party.  Not sure what yet.  Other than it will be hippo themed.
    Lots of love to my BFPB, Squishy622 <3

photo 544b4365-b9ee-4805-ba08-f19896d25dae_zpsd8a0debb.jpgphoto ed61c23b-2bf9-4622-b870-072ac0970775_zpsa90b2a73.jpg

• Options

imagerocknrollfriend:
    Lol sounds like I'm the only one that wants to have a huge ridiculous bash! I'm just so excited to share our joy of having DS in our lives for a whole year. With like everyone we know. :D I'm thinking we'll have it at our local park if the weather's nice, with our house and patio as a backup. I'm already looking for special cake recipes since we have so many dietary restrictions right now. Not sure about a theme. We'll see how ridiculous DH lets me get!

I think ours will turn into a big bash to! Whenever I say I am going to keep things simple and small..that NEVER happens..and DH already knows that when I say that....I secretly mean I want to have a big bash! I do need to start figuring out a theme and find a place to rent. Nov and Dec are going to go by so fast..it will be March very soon!

• Options
    Yes, but at our house. It will probably just be family. Maybe a friend or two, but only one of my friends has kids.
  • Options
    Yes. We are having 2. One with my family at my moms (in WI) and one with the ILs at their house (in IL).
  • Options
    I haven't really thought about it. I have mixed feelings about it. I am excited he is growing up, but sad that he is growing up. Anyway, we'll probably just have family to our house for lunch, cake, and presents.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options
    We will definitely do something - probably not a huge crowd because we'll have it at our house.  We don't tend to go too crazy for birthdays so we won't be renting a place out or anything, at least not until he's older and has a bigger group of friends.  Depending on the weather, we might look at having it at a park.  But we will have a party with family and some close friends to celebrate.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Options
    imageMariJ1008:

imagerocknrollfriend:

I think ours will turn into a big bash to! Whenever I say I am going to keep things simple and small..that NEVER happens..and DH already knows that when I say that....I secretly mean I want to have a big bash! I do need to start figuring out a theme and find a place to rent. Nov and Dec are going to go by so fast..it will be March very soon!

Same here ladies lol simple aka big! I plan to start some DIY in December since I will be out of a job! :)

• Options
    imageVans18:
    imageMariJ1008:

imagerocknrollfriend:

Same here ladies lol simple aka big! I plan to start some DIY in December since I will be out of a job! :)

PINTEREST! =) found lots of fun birthday party ideas on there and DIY stuff too =)

• Options
    Yes, at our house with extended family (around 30 people).  Sock monkey theme with an easy meal, cupcakes, and I will make an iMovie of pictures from his first year set to music (I used Brad Paisley's Anything Like Me for big brother 2 years ago, might use that again?)  Gotta be fair and do something equal to big brother's farm themed 1st birthday!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Yeah we are having a party with family and close friends.  Originally was gonna be at our house but I'm starting to at least consider renting a place.  Our house just isn't THAT big. 
    DS1 born 3/27/12 DS2 due 1/8/14
  • Options

We are having a party as well. His first birthday happens to fall on a Saturday so I couldn't resist. It will be immediate family and close friends. No presents allowed ... Just the ones from us.

im thinking we might do a theme ... Not sure on what though.

• Options
    We will have a party at our place.  Likely will invite around 30ish adults but I would only expect about half to show up.  My niece had 60 show up for her 1st birthday at their house. It was crazy!
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Definitely. We did a "big" party for DD1's 1st, like 25 people. We'll do the same for DD2's 1st. For the next few birthdays, it is just the grandparents, aunts and uncles - which is about 11/12 people
    image        image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"