April 2011 Moms
Options

my turn...

to rant!

i'm losing my $@%^. after DS wakes up from his nap he is just GO GO GO....i'm happy he's active but come on!!!

he is obsessed with the heater vents and takes them off constantly and walks around chewing on them (they're metal) gross...and annoying because i'm terrified he's going to throw toys down the vents!

nothing makes him happy - i'm 27 weeks pg and running out of energy at the best of times let alone at 330 and i'm starting to think about dinner and snacks for DS and then his dinner........

DH is home around 530/6 every day which is great and he's a great big help i can't complain but i also don't want to just throw DS at him the second he walks in the door and go upstairs and have  a bath...although tempting!

my only saviour is that he still sits in his crib with books and toys so i'm dreading the day he figures out how to climb out!! especially with LO on the way.

he's very independant and when he wants something he wants it NOW and god forbid you take anything away from him like the plastic fork from his mouth or the phone or remote!!! he loses it and hits his head on the floor or wall and then cries harder.....

just a little thursday afternoon vent!

TGFG - Thank God for Grandmas!! on Friday's when they don't have to work...... yeah me day...or at least maybe a couple hours

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: my turn...

• Options
    Yikes! I've been there too. Toddlers are so much fun, and yet so exhausting. It's like their little bodies are constantly being told to "go, go, go!"
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options

i guess i'm just so tired of saying NO...i try so hard to stay calm and i don't want to yell at him or obviously hit him so i'm just repeating it calmly and explaining myself and asking him nicely - ' can you please put the vent back for mommy? for the 500th time my precious little man? oh thank you so much i just love you so much' 

thank god he doesn't understand the patronizing tone! haha 

or when he's throwing a fit i will just say ' i love my son i love my son i love my son' haha

whatever works ladies!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've found that working 65 - 80 hours a week and letting his father raise him is working terrifically for me Stick out tongue  I'm running a literary festival which I'll be at about 10-12 hours of the day Friday and Saturday. Otherwise, I'd be going crazy as well.

Liam's currently wearing my jogging stocking cap, rolling a watermelon across the floor and talking to it, and petting and talking to his stuffed toy lion. I don't know how you ladies who stay at home do it. I've only seen things like this take place on psych wards. (As a visitor, in case you were wondering.)

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Amen, sister!  I feel your pain.  Only I'm not pg with #2.  I'm pretty sure that would be the proverbial "straw" for me.  I'm so not there.  I hope you find some peace.  Hang in there.  Left HugRight Hug
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mama to a beautiful Baby Bee!
  • Options
    This is exactly why I am kind of glad that daycare gets to handle Andrew during the day.  When he is awake he is moving non-stop and I know how exhausting that is on the weekends!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"