Dads & Dads-to-be

5 Thing Thursday

OK, I'm posting a few hours early, but my son has an early morning doctor appointment.  For those of you who are new, 5 Thing Thursday is pretty simple.  I list a few questions, you answer them.  Then there will be a couple of open ended ones where you can add anything that is going on with you, baby related, work, what have you.

1) For those of you with kids already, what, if anything, is your child going as for Halloween?  For those of you who have kids on the way, what would you love to dress your child as for their first Halloween?

2)  Are you doing anything for Halloween this year?

3-5 are free for you to do with as you please.

Re: 5 Thing Thursday

• 1) For those of you with kids already, what, if anything, is your child going as for Halloween?  For those of you who have kids on the way, what would you love to dress your child as for their first Halloween?

My son was a penguin for his first Halloween.  He was (and still is to an extent) a big fan of penguins at our zoo, so we thought that was only natural.  This year, we decided to have him dress up as Yoda.  We figure starting next year, he'll almost be 3 and he'll get to have input in his costume.

We already did the pumpkin patch, this weekend we are probably taking my son to our zoo's ZooBoo so he can wear his costume and do a small bit of trick or treating there.  Halloween night, we will likely hit a few houses, but not too many as he won't really get a chance to eat the candy, but would like to let him have the experience since last year he was in costume on our front porch as we gave out candy to the neighborhood kids.  In terms of myself, we don't do the party thing or anything like that, it'll all be tied into our son.

3) One of the things I love to do with my son is take him to the zoo.  It is one of the places I just like to go and get away from things, and my son loves it too.  Apparently I've taken him enough to where he knows where the animals he likes are because he'll skip past ones he typically doesn't find interesting to go to the ones he particularly likes.

4) We are currently looking at 17 1/2 weeks until we change from a family of 3 to a family of 4.  It still seems surreal.  As fast as the first pregnancy goes, it goes even faster when you have a toddler.

5) I don't have a team in the World Series, but I'm glad the teams I didn't want to win all got eliminated.  I was going to be happy as long as it wasn't (in order) the Cardinals, Yankees or Reds.

• 1) For those of you with kids already, what, if anything, is your child going as for Halloween?  For those of you who have kids on the way, what would you love to dress your child as for their first Halloween?

N/A 

Not that I can think of.  My wife is working, so I'll probably just hang out.

3) Mom finished her last round of Chemotherapy.  My brothers and I are taking her to Key West to celebrate at the beginning of November (I'm only going for a few days, as my wife is in the midst of the 3rd trimester now).  She'll have a CT scan after the trip to determine how well the chemo worked, and we're really hopeful that she'll be in remission.

4) I just started a job.  It was a crappy, low paying retail job.  I got the interview kind of surprisingly, but they hired me.  There were a few days off I needed (Childbirth classes/trip with mom scheduled before I was interviewed), and the manager was very unwilling to work with me, going so far as to say "You're not getting a full weekend off, even if you have already bought the tickets."  So I quit the job.  It felt weird to quit a job in this economy, but my wife said after that, considering the circumstances, she would've done the same thing.

5) We had the infant CPR class last night.  My rhythm with chest compressions was off, so it was suggested that both "Stayin' Alive" or "Another One Bites The Dust" are good songs to keep CPR rhythm to.  I think I'll use "Stayin' Alive" if, G-d forbid, it comes up, just because it seems more appropriate than "Another One Bites the Dust."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...

Mr. Incredible, A princess, a vampire, a cow

My marching band is in a parade and hosting a playoff football game 

I don't know.  I'd probably do something based on how the kid has acted or something.

Not at the moment.  My wife is pretty tired most of the time and it seems all our friends aren't doing anything either.  Of course they could be and we just didn't get invited.

3)  Work has finally slowed down.  Good news: no more overtime.  Bad news: no more overtime $$.

4)  A new beer mega-store just opened up near us.  I am going to have to pay it a visit this weekend.  My wife will not be happy that I come home with goodies she can't enjoy.  I'll have to pick something up that we can save for when she can drink again.

5)  Really cool to see the board so active today.  Seems like we are starting to pick up steam.

• imageColtsdad:

5) I don't have a team in the World Series, but I'm glad the teams I didn't want to win all got eliminated.  I was going to be happy as long as it wasn't (in order) the Cardinals, Yankees or Reds.

I can agree on the first two, but I was crushed by the Reds collapse.

My kid will be Mickey Mouse, basically his oneise is Mickey's body and his hat has the Mickey ears. Tricky Disney Store creating this little gem and charging my $30.

He will wear his costume....that's all we have so far. He will only be 6 weeks old, so we won't be hitting the streets this year. But I know there are many more years to come full of trick-or-treating.

3) First week back at work....lame.

4) We hired a nanny this week so my wife doesn't kill herself working 24/7 taking care of our son. If you haven't meet care.com yet, spend a few minutes on their site. It's kinda awesome. Nannies, babysitters, swapping babysitting with families in your area, etc. Not bad.

5) Did I mention I'm back at work and it's lame.....yep, definitely lame.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"