LGBT Parenting
Options

PCP/TTC/ATP Wednesday

How goes it ladies?

QOTD - IHO halloween, what is the best halloween costume you've ever had? Did your parents always let you choose, or were there guidelines? Will you let your children choose their outfits?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: PCP/TTC/ATP Wednesday

• Options

Status quo!  Officially one week away from v-day so that is so excited.  Then  my next milestone is Thanksgiving (28 week).

QOTD:  Halloween is a weird one for me as I have not dressed up since I was about 6 or so.  My family did not celebrate Halloween (not for religious reasons just because we lived near no one so trick or treating was very hard and pointless).   I don't remember if I picked my costume or my parent's did. 

For the boys, we will probably pick for the first year and then I do plan on having some say in their costumes.  I just want to make sure it is appropriate for age and/or school as most schools around here allow kids to dress up on Halloween.We shall see how this goes.  M is all about whatever goes once they can pick.  She says if the costume they pick cannot be worn to school then they won't ware it to school and that is a choice they can make to go in plain clothes that day.   

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Two! Nice to see you around these parts!

Things here are ok. Not great, but definitely better. 

QOTD: Growing up in Brazil, I didn't have Halloween. My favorite costume was a few years ago. I got a walker, painted it black, and added some bars with construction paper. I borrowed my nephew's scooter, and I wore a suit. Any guesses? (Scooter Libby behind bars. HA!) 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    JGYJGY member

Wow!  Big week on this board:

2moms2b - Congrats on the milestone!  That's a big one.

deegadee - Good luck today.  Thinking good thoughts for you.

tdmk - Soooo glad things are better.  And I LOVE the Scooter Libby costume!

As for me, I have my anatomy scan tomorrow, 20 weeks on the shnutz. I'm more excited than nervous this time, which is different for me.  Which makes me think, and then I wonder why, and then in turn I start to get nervous.  Oh geez.

QOTD - Honestly I barely remember Halloween as a kid.  At least I don't really remember my costumes well.  I grew up in NYC, so trick-or-treating was pretty easy.  There was a sign-up sheet in the lobby and all participating apartments would put their number on there.  Then you knew where to knock, and where to not go.  I remember it being fun, but again I just don't recall my costumes.  Pretty sure my parents always let us pick/make them though.

My favorite adult costume was a car seat.  In early adulthood a bunch of us were playing around on a road trip and I realized that the headrest came out of the front seat and fit squarely over my head like a headband.  Went to goodwill and found a sweet velour track suit in a matching color.  Grabbed some supplies and made a seatbelt.  Most comfortable costume ever!

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Options
    It goes. We have a visit with ASW today, not looking forward to it.

We are backing ourselves up legally since changing ASW's is going to prove nearly impossible. We asked the girls lawyer to file a Do Not Remove order, hopefully she does.

QOTD: I was a basket of dirty laundry as a kid, best costume ever! My dad let us pick what we wanted to be, he helped us make costumes and always had good ideas.

I have no problem with the kids picking their own costumes as long as they are age appropriate but J likes to have the final say in what they get.
  • Options
    TTC sucks. Going to the RE sucks. My body hates me. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

QOTD: I haven't done a lot of dressing up as an adult, though I have a bumblebee costume I love and have worn the last two years. As a child my mom let me choose what I wanted to be and she handmade all my costumes. I think my funniest was in 1st grade when I declared I wanted to be a stoplight. It was an awesome costume, but what 7 year old picks that??

I am sad to admit to myself that we will probably not make our kids costumes. Maybe some years the grandmas will do it?? But the kids will be encouraged to be creative and allowed to make their own choices within reason. Except those first few years where its just a battle between DW and me!

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options

ATP: Things are status quo. I am curious, though...does everyone with 2 or more boys have to deal with incessant wrestling/horseplay. Seriously, they can't do anything without tackling/provoking/touching each other. They both enjoy it, and no one tends to get hurt, but Lordy...everything takes 10x longer than needed.

QOTD: My grandmother made a majority of my costumes growing up (witch, Raggedy Ann, clown,  etc.) There were never really parameters on what I could/couldn't be, but I never wanted to be anything inappropriate/scary. My parents did make me stop TOTing when I was 10 though. I really haven't dressed up since I was a kid.

We chose the kids costumes till they were 2.5y and then they had serious ideas about it. We don't allow them to be things that are overly scary. This year I have one green ninja (Lloyd from Ningajo (a Lego ninja show) and a Quidditch Harry Potter. Carter picked his ninja costume on which had the best weapon. Sigh.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagetdmklm:

Two! Nice to see you around these parts!

I lurk, just don't post as much as before.  I pph the other board's phone app Embarrassed

ATP - Jelly Bean is doing well.  She knows her numbers, colors, shapes, etc.  There seems to be something new with her everyday.  I love that she is becoming so independent as that give me a bit more freedom.

QOTD - My mom usually made our costumes.  One particular one I was proud of, was a Candy Recycling Machine.  I basically got a big box and sort of made it look like a vending machine.  I cut out some squares, put colored cellophane across them, and had a whole cut out to insert candy.  When I said "trick-or-treat" I waved a flash light across the cellophane (I was inside the box) so it looked like lights.  Then people dropped the candy in the slot and it was gathered in another little box inside the costume.  Sorta hard to explain, but it was cool, trust me! lol!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    image2brides:

ATP: Things are status quo. I am curious, though...does everyone with 2 or more boys have to deal with incessant wrestling/horseplay. Seriously, they can't do anything without tackling/provoking/touching each other. They both enjoy it, and no one tends to get hurt, but Lordy...everything takes 10x longer than needed.

This is the part that I am preparing myself for now.  I have a feeling our house will be WWE from about 2 on.  Plus M loves to rile the dogs up (like get them play fighting when she gets home) and she talks how soon she can get the boys going too!  Between them and her, I am doomed.

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

its going well . we are busy but work is slow for 4th quarter so a lil worrisome.

The best halloween costume I ever had was - well there are two ... a Dead bride wearing my moms wedding gown that was so old and yellowed it was perfect in HS.

My 2nd was recently and I was EDDIE MUNSTER,- We are HUGE Munster Fans and I was Eddie and M was Lilly ... 

I was always allowed to chose what i wanted to be no restrictions with costume. But the candy was a issue- we would have to donate 1/2 our candy well .. it went down like this come home empty and mom and dad Mainly mom did the check threw away home mead stuff and weird looking - looked for holed and needled and razors ( you know all the scary stories)  then she took what she wanted dad took what he wanted and then i kept a few and then 1/2  was donated. 

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    imagedeegadee9:

A  has her first ultrasound this afternoon...I will be pacing the house until we leave.

We are exactly the same number of days pregnant! Good luck with the U/S today, mine's tomorrow. How exciting to have someone at the same stage :) 

IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Options

TTC:- We are at 6 weeks tomorrow, and have our first ultrasound. If that goes well, I'm likely to chill out and actually BELIEVE that I am pregnant :)

QOTD:- I grew up in countries where Halloween wasn't really celebrated. As an adult my default costume has been a spider. Black pants, black top with opaque black tights stuffed and stitched to my sides like legs, then fishing gut attaching them to my wrists so that when I raise my arms they lift up too. Lame :) Otherwise, Bride of Satan normally works, black ball gown with a corset and black veil. 

IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Options

PCP: We're in our last charting cycle before trying again and wish the next couple days would pass so I can have more temps to confirm O happened when I think it happened. We're also taking a series of classes and this week's is on charting and timing insems. Perfect!

QOTD - My nana made most of my costumes and the best was Webby from Duck Tails. It was a huge, really well done costume and she made my cousin (same age) one for Hewey. We were super cute and won a contest. I'll pick for our kids the first couple years and then they can help pick. The only requirement will be that they not be offensive/racist (as many store bought costumes can be). I'd like to make them, but we'll see what happens.

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am on my 6th day of stims.  My first monitoring appointment on Tuesday went fine; they upped my dosage to get things moving a little faster.  But I am on track to have about 6-8 follies per side, which means we will hopefully have 12-16 eggs at retrieval.  My RE is happy with that number, and so are we.  I go back on Friday.  Egg retrieval is expected to be Tuesday-Thursday of next week!  Tongue Tied  So far I pretty much feel fine.

Of course Hurricane Sandy is predicted to show up here early next week and maybe cause some power outages.  I am the LAST person to worry about weather -- I am from New England; I always say it will be about 30% as bad as the news says it will be -- but now I am worrying that power will be out at my RE's office and I won't be able to do egg retrieval.  I know it is VERY unlikely this will happen, but this process just makes me a little loony.  I am so nervous it will get f'ed up in some way.

QOTD: I think my favorite costumes when I was a kid were the ones that involved wearing my mother's make-up (princess, gypsy) since I wasn't allowed to otherwise and always coveted it (until I was actually old enough to wear it and then I never touched the stuff).  In retrospect, I think the cutest one was Mighty Mouse, when I was maybe 4ish.  My mom always made our costumes; I will not be making them for our kids!  I'm happy to let them choose once they can, but we'll still have veto power.  That's pretty much how things worked when I was a kid.  I never wanted anything inappropriate but I did get vetoed for weather reasons (no one wants to wear a winter jacket over their tutu or grass skirt).

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Kaden is huge over 17lbs and at least 27". He's doing great getting more tactile each day playing with toys, putting everything in his mouth. He had his first cold this past weekend heartbreaking : but we're both finally better.

This year we're going to be jellyfish and K will be a frog : these might just be my favorite to date we'll see how they turn out.
  • Options

Pretty much status quo. I am watching a new little boy who is 16months, so far it is going really well!

Costumes: My family was always big into Halloween. I was a bride for many  of the years growing up, but that was totally my choice. My favorite Halloween growing up was when we had a family costume. My mom was a BigMac, I was a Shake, and my brother (2yrs younger) was a small fry. I think it is important for kids to be involved in their costumes in some way (when they are old enough).

This year H and I are going as Rocky Horror characters! Really excited for the costume contest. She is going as Eddie and I'm dressing up as Magenta, cannot wait!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

TTC: Waiting on the RE appointment, but actually on break. We are going to eat so much sushi and drink so much beer.  Last night we went to an alternative insemination peer support group at our AI clinic.  It was okay...I'm not really sure what I expected out of it.  It occurred to me a few hours before we went that we might be the people who had been trying the longest, and we were.  There were two women who had started out at the RE though, and I think C learned some new stuff from them.  It's funny - I spend so much time here that I'm like "oh, of course C will need an HSG and an AMH test", and C doesn't even know what those things are or that she'll need them.  I'm feeling a twinge of regret I didn't push for AMH when we did her initial CD3 bloodwork - they only ordered FSH and estradiol.  One woman last night had all normal bloodwork except her AMH and went right to medicated cycle, so of course I now think that will be our problem.  Nope, not on the crazy train over here at all.

QOTD: We always did homemade costumes and I still to this day have never actually bought a costume.  My favorite costume as a kid was Strawberry Shortcake.  My mom made me a really crappy wig out of pink yarn, and the costume is terrible, but damn was I happy. 

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"